By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First WiiU emulator available!

Goodnightmoon said:
walsufnir said:

Sure, because the Xbone is a NASA computer which is able to emulate the 360.

Oh but that´s some kind of magic that Microsoft did there with their own technology, usually you need to have a computer that is ridiculously more powerfull than the real console in order to have a decent emulation of its games, and this happens always, I´m sure this performs like shit in a lot of high end PC, and thats with all the bugs, incompatibilities, lack of sound, etc etc because is gonna take years until it performs decently regardless the specs.

Well, they do have a bit of magic. A team of a few hundred, saleries, and source code. VS a few guys trying to figure it out on their day off.

Around the Network
WhiteSky said:
ok its nothing, no source code or anything, only folders

Ehm, there is a binary?

Good Wii U sales sky high due to this!!!

Switch!!!

walsufnir said:
WhiteSky said:
ok its nothing, no source code or anything, only folders

Ehm, there is a binary?

nope, not really essential for programming emulators. You need source codes.

WhiteSky said:
walsufnir said:

Ehm, there is a binary?

What are you going for? No emulator needs source code for public access to run. You want to participate? Well, then you are out of luck. But the binary is sufficient to play games (in the future).

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Pretty sure Nintendo will take down this sooner than later.

Not really, I don't think they can do anything about it. Some emulators are even sold on Play Store, like DraStic DS Emulator.

Great. This means that MK8 will end up full of hackers like MKW did.

97alexk said:

emulators have always been for cheap people. pfft buy a real console.

Dophin is by far the ultimate way to play Xenoblade Chronicles. Emulators are great - when done right, they give extra value even if you own the console. I own the Wii, but decided to play XC on PC due to all the enhancements More options is always better!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

walsufnir said:
WhiteSky said:

What are you going for? No emulator needs source code for public access to run. You want to participate? Well, then you are out of luck. But the binary is sufficient to play games (in the future).

ok, my fault not say explicit. I mean his reference code for the emulator.

jardesonbarbosa said:
This is huge. I wonder how many years until it becomes as good as Dolphin. I love my consoles, but playing on PC is always the best choice. Mods, better resolution, better framerate. Where else can I play Super Mario Sunshine in 1080p 60fps? I hope someone someday makes a 3DS emulator, because playing on an actual 3DS sucks.

I say minimum 3 years, by that time Wii U probably will not be in stores.