By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First WiiU emulator available!

KLAMarine said:
Splatoon on PC... Oh boy, I NEED THIS!

Without online doesn't make any sense. It already running on Wii U without any problem.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
KLAMarine said:
Splatoon on PC... Oh boy, I NEED THIS!

Without online doesn't make any sense. It already running on Wii U without any problem.

I have it on WiiU and play it regularly but on PC with modding and such, should be very interesting.

XCX preorder canceled.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This is huge. I wonder how many years until it becomes as good as Dolphin. I love my consoles, but playing on PC is always the best choice. Mods, better resolution, better framerate. Where else can I play Super Mario Sunshine in 1080p 60fps? I hope someone someday makes a 3DS emulator, because playing on an actual 3DS sucks.

jardesonbarbosa said:
This is huge. I wonder how many years until it becomes as good as Dolphin. I love my consoles, but playing on PC is always the best choice. Mods, better resolution, better framerate. Where else can I play Super Mario Sunshine in 1080p 60fps? I hope someone someday makes a 3DS emulator, because playing on an actual 3DS sucks.

Google for "Citra". It already can run Ocarina of Time 3D.

Around the Network

ok its nothing, no source code or anything, only folders

It's a good thing this is shielded from a major problem the Wii and GameCube had: they had games. :^)

Bad flamebait joke aside, I really don't like the idea of this, not because it's bad for the Wii U - I myself want it homebrewed so I could run GCN and Wii games I missed out on - but because Nintendo is great at putting up hurdles apart from how powerful the hardware is, or how much documentation there is available, or how crazy the architecture is. Tried a DS emulator, felt wrong for titles that actually utilized the touch screen. Tried a Wii emulator and got pissed off at how prominent the motion controls were...I guess I'll buy a Bluetooth dongle. And, I've gotten to the point where the 3DS just looks like crap with its 3D graphics and how pixel-y they look (I'm still fine with them on the 3DS, though.)

Fortunately, Nintendo didn't exactly utilize the GamePad a lot, so emulation is at least generally going to be viable.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Welp, that was fast.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Pretty sure Nintendo will take down this sooner than later.

Vodacixi said:
Pretty sure Nintendo will take down this sooner than later.

They have no legal ability to. Otherwise Citra and Dolphin would not exist. Nintendo has no IP right to emulators, because emulators do not have Nintendo's documentation for console hardware.