By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First WiiU emulator available!

Tachikoma said:
alrightiwill said:

if you look around google, theres other videos showing games like wind waker hd running full 3d scenes at around 8fps, and one of splatoon running the menus and setup screens at an average of 40fps.

Holy f.... and they havnt really started to optimise for performance yet have they?

I hope this is like the Dolphin Emulator, and that all it needs is a dual core, with high IPC, such as a pentium g3258 oc'ed to 4ghz+ :)

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Tachikoma said:

if you look around google, theres other videos showing games like wind waker hd running full 3d scenes at around 8fps, and one of splatoon running the menus and setup screens at an average of 40fps.

Holy f.... and they havnt really started to optimise for performance yet have they?

I hope this is like the Dolphin Emulator, and that all it needs is a dual core, with high IPC, such as a pentium g3258 oc'ed to 4ghz+ :)

That will probably depend a lot on how they emulate the Wii U's three cores, and how well Wii U games optimize said three cores in the first place. Still one thing is clear, it probably won't work well on current AMD CPU's (like current emulators) so Intel is probably necessary whether that means an G3258, i3, or i5 as a minimum is still to be seen.

Tachikoma said:
alrightiwill said:
Well that was a great read :D

Seeing an emu of this quality so soon is unbelievable. Still see this as a POC rather than a functional emu but to already be running games(1fps is better than the previous 0) and not just make it to the homescreen or run simple homebrew is amazing.

1 Year vs 6... haha, well that depends on your definition of 'good emulator' is. To me, what I would consider such would be to run a handful/sample of games to completion being as good quality as consoles while allowing for crashes and such. So I would easily see one year as being acceptable meet and exceed this target.

Depends on what standards you're looking for. There's always room for improvements. The version in 6 years time will but much better I think we can all agree ;)

No doubt. I was just trying to say that it's more that it runs at all rather than how well it runs

Do you guys think this emulator will be working decently before the PS3 one?

because I think this is impressive: