By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First WiiU emulator available!

Goodnightmoon said:
Tachikoma said:

Given that they've come this far on the first public release (playing retail games), I'd estimate that being a year away, tops.

Your estimation is pretty lame, all emulators starts very soon and they need years to become something decent, by now they have Nes Remix runing at 1fps without sound in a high end pc. Yeah, one year xD

Your rebuttal is based on nothing more than childish anger over a console you love being emulated on the PC.

Generally emulators that start off barely even manage homebrew, and go from there to simple 2D games, to 3D games that run terribly, and eventually optimize beyond that, for the Wii this cycle was skipped because the GameCube which was very similar architecturally allowed for much of the codebase to skip this cycle and with little modification, run Wii code, the same is happening for the WiiU, a large portion of the work on it thus far, as evident from its codebase, was done on decryption and emulating the systems security and opening environment, now they have that they can jump straight on to moving functions and operations over to computation pools more easily done on PC architecture and greatly increase the performance.

It'll be fast because beyond input plugins the rest of the work is now just optimization, as they have already stated its current form is not optimized at all, in any way.

It may help you sleep better at night to refuse to believe it, but the system has been emulated, and pretty soon anyone with a decent PC will be playing WiiU games on their PC's.

You can argue that they won't, you can do so till you're blue in the face, but all you are really doing is setting yourself up for a necro bump of embarrassment.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Miyamotoo said:

I say minimum 3 years, by that time Wii U probably will not be in stores.

Dolphin had like 10 years to get where it is today.

I think this new emulator being up to pair with the Dolphin one, within 3 years would take ALOT of effort on the parts of those developers that made it.

But 10 years weren't even needed to do a very good emulation.

"By April 2009, most commercial games, GameCube and Wii alike, could be fully played albeit with a few minor problems and errors, with a large number of games running with virtually no defect."

That's only 2 1/2 years after the Wii launched. GameCube games were playable much earlier though.

Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Your estimation is pretty lame, all emulators starts very soon and they need years to become something decent, by now they have Nes Remix runing at 1fps without sound in a high end pc. Yeah, one year xD

Your rebuttal is based on nothing more than childish anger over a console you love being emulated on the PC.

Generally emulators that start off barely even manage homebrew, and go from there to simple 2D games, to 3D games that run terribly, and eventually optimize beyond that, for the Wii this cycle was skipped because the GameCube which was very similar architecturally allowed for much of the codebase to skip this cycle and with little modification, run Wii code, the same is happening for the WiiU, a large portion of the work on it thus far, as evident from its codebase, was done on decryption and emulating the systems security and opening environment, now they have that they can jump straight on to moving functions and operations over to computation pools more easily done on PC architecture and greatly increase the performance.

It'll be fast because beyond input plugins the rest of the work is now just optimization, as they have already stated its current form is not optimized at all, in any way.

It may help you sleep better at night to refuse to believe it, but the system has been emulated, and pretty soon anyone with a decent PC will be playing WiiU games on their PC's.

You can argue that they won't, you can do so till you're blue in the face, but all you are really doing is setting yourself up for a necro bump of embarrassment.

What´s with all this comments? You think that´s what a mod should say? Free acusations and childish attempts to offend somebody because an opinion? Incredible. A real rol model.

I´m very used to play on emulators since... ever, and I know how slow they development is, and once they are "finished" they need really strong PCs and even with them they are buggy, the framerate and sound have issues and there are a ton of compatibility problems, it needs years of polish to be decent always, the Ps3/x360 emulotrs for instance are faaaar from decent and the 3DS, a way less powerfull machine, still needs a hell lot of work, it runs Ocarina of time on high end pcs at 15fps with no sound and a few more games with terrible performances.

The only one setting herself for a necrobump embarrassments is you after this comment, we´ll see if next year this emulatior is running decently a big bunch of wiiu games in mid-high pcs. I won´t forguet about it, don´t worry 

And I don´t give a shit if wiiu emulators start to work soon since NX would be alreay out when they work properly, no matter how fast they are, so no damage is done at all, I just think is delusional to believe this is going to be ready soon like some people here.

Goodnightmoon said:

What´s with all this comments? You think that´s what a mod should say? Free acusations and childish attempts to offend somebody because an opinion? Incredible. A real rol model.

I´m very used to play on emulators since... ever, and I know how slow they development is, and once they are "finished" they need really strong PCs and even with them they are buggy, the framerate and sound have issues and there are a ton of compatibility problems, it needs years of polish to be decent always, the Ps3/x360 emulotrs for instance are faaaar from decent and the 3DS, a way less powerfull machine, still needs a hell lot of work, it runs Ocarina of time on high end pcs at 15fps with no sound and a few more games with terrible performances.

The only one setting herself for a necrobump embarrassments is you after this comment, we´ll see if next year this emulatior is running decently a big bunch of wiiu games in mid-high pcs. I won´t forguet about it, don´t worry 

And I don´t give a shit if wiiu emulators start to work soon since NX would be alreay out when they work properly, no matter how fast they are, so no damage is done at all, I just think is delusional to believe this is going to be ready soon like some people here.

Whether I'm a moderator or not has zero bearing on the topic at hand, bringing that up is a telltale sign of losing am argument and looking at alternative vectors to sidestep the point.

And sure, bookmark it, set the date in your calendar, will save me the trouble, though when the outcome isn't as you hoped I'm sure you'll conveniently forget about it and make excuses which in your last paragraph you are already doing.

"Doesn't matter because the nx will be out soon anyway", on the contrary to your claim that you " don't give a shit" every single one of your posts in this thread clearly demonstrate otherwise.

Learn coding, grab the source code for svn trunk of dolphin x64 codebase, and cenu codebase, i'll even save you the trouble of googling the latter.

https://github.com/Exzap/Cemu

Peruse it, understand the approaches being made versus the development of dolphin and its Wii extensions, and you'll have a clear idea of the progression being made and just how quickly that progress is.

But I digress, how dare a developer/mod who has read through the source code for the emulator the thread is about, both in its current form and its previous non-published iterations, call bullshit on your nonsensical assertions! Clearly a moderator should do nothing but pander to your feelings and let people spout falsehoods all day long instead

Yeah, not happening.

Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Whether I'm a moderator or not has zero bearing on the topic at hand, bringing that up is a telltale sign of losing am argument and looking at alternative vectors to sidestep the point.

And sure, bookmark it, set the date in your calendar, will save me the trouble, though when the outcome isn't as you hoped I'm sure you'll conveniently forget about it and make excuses which in your last paragraph you are already doing.

"Doesn't matter because the nx will be out soon anyway", on the contrary to your claim that you " don't give a shit" every single one of your posts in this thread clearly demonstrate otherwise.

Learn coding, grab the source code for svn trunk of dolphin x64 codebase, and cenu codebase, i'll even save you the trouble of googling the latter.

Peruse it, understand the approaches being made versus the development of dolphin and its Wii extensions, and you'll have a clear idea of the progression being made and just how quickly that progress is.

But I digress, how dare a developer/mod who has read through the source code for the emulator the thread is about, both in its current form and its previous non-published iterations, call bullshit on your nonsensical assertions! Clearly a moderator should do nothing but pander to your feelings and let people spout falsehoods all day long instead

Yeah, not happening.

No no no, when I´m telling you that I don´t care I´m not contradicting anything, i say that because it looks like you think it worries me for some reasons, but the only thing that could worry me (sales) is not a problem since it will be mostly dead when they work, don´t try to spin things into your territory.

And I don´t care if you are a developer you already have shown your strong biasment in a lot of places on this forums, your opinions are far from neutral or objective so don´t act like they are.

And for what I understand no, a mod should not say this things that don´t add nothing to the message and only creates bad feelings in the discussions, is not a sign of anything, is the first thing that came to my mind after reading your comment, I shouldn´t be surprised though, since you have already shown this kind of behaviour as a mod before supporting a comment with a bunch of personal direct insults against me, what a coincidence.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

And I don´t care if you are a developer you already have shown your strong biasment in a lot of places on this forums, your opinions are far from neutral or objective so don´t act like they are.

Feel free to link to examples.

hint: criticisng a game i have bought isn't showing bias, it's being critical of a games flaws.

Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Feel free to link to examples.

hint: criticisng a game i have bought isn't showing bias.

OH no, it has nothing to do with XCX.

Goodnightmoon said:

OH no, it has nothing to do with XCX.

Well, why would it, at the time I called it the best game of the current gen didn't i.

Doesn't really support your accusation of course so i'm hardly surprised that you'll choose to ignore that particular instance.

Goodnightmoon said:

You were clearly looking at your reflection when you wrote this. xD

You're the very definition of a strongly biased person. 

Tachi is partial to the PS brand, that much is obvious. But she's always been fair with her criticism regardless of the console a game is on. 

Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yeah, not happening.

^ props for this.

So your saying this emulator will work good/well much faster than normal because of the ground work Dolphin already did?

If so... thats fantastic imo :)

I own a Wii U but I wouldnt mind trying out some games at higher resolutions with better AA ect (if my pc can handle that).