By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First WiiU emulator available!

Wright said:

For the sake of all that's good, what is going on in this thread?!

Things were said. Feelings were hurt.  Tears were shed.

Around the Network
Wright said:

"My Nintendo is threatened! I need to fight! My life depends on it!"

Wright said:

If I were you, I'd do like The Beatles and Let it be. Seems dangerous.

I'm all for fans going to extra step for these tools. Not sure how much use I'll get out of it, but nice to know I have a good option to play games down the line.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Teeqoz said:
Wright said:

If I were you, I'd do like The Beatles and Let it be. Seems dangerous.

If it's dangerous, it's my duty to give people swords.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Really? But you dislike every nintendo game, you don´t even play them when you have them, you said to me the "cuteness" of Nintendo is something you cannot stand, why are you so active then? XCX seems to be the only game you liked ion the console after all.

You could just ask me, you know.

There are many Nintendo games I enjoy, just not many of them are on the WiiU, most are on the 3DS or past Nintendo consoles.

Im not going to lie and claim theres lots I like on the WiiU, because there simply isn't, that is down to in part, the pretty meager library the console has, even to this day, and the fact that it isn't a secret that I dislike mario titles, I have openly stated that fact multiple times, the character i find is annoying, and many of the games that feature Mario do so with him as the centerpiece, lets face it, if a character annoys you, you are unlikely to enjoy such games.

There are however, plenty of Nintendo titles beyond simply Mario, and plenty of past genration third party titles that only made an appearance on Nintendo platforms that I still enjoy.

I must say ,I'm very dissapointed at this thread being derailed by the two of you, neither whom seem to have the inclination or will to walk away.

Tachikomo you will sometimes run into people who don't respond to reasonable arguements when this happens the best thing to do is simply give your opinion and make it quite clear that your part in the conversation is at an end ,regardless of any goading. 

If you don't learn when to stop it can get more and more personal and you end up with the thread degenerating to a pointless two way arguement that everyone involved in or reading knows has no resolution.

Goodnightmoon it pays to try to see the other point of view from a factual standpoint and not to take everything too personally even if the opposing voice may seem acerbic to you .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Tachikoma said:

You could just ask me, you know.

There are many Nintendo games I enjoy, just not many of them are on the WiiU, most are on the 3DS or past Nintendo consoles.

Im not going to lie and claim theres lots I like on the WiiU, because there simply isn't, that is down to in part, the pretty meager library the console has, even to this day, and the fact that it isn't a secret that I dislike mario titles, I have openly stated that fact multiple times, the character i find is annoying, and many of the games that feature Mario do so with him as the centerpiece, lets face it, if a character annoys you, you are unlikely to enjoy such games.

There are however, plenty of Nintendo titles beyond simply Mario, and plenty of past genration third party titles that only made an appearance on Nintendo platforms that I still enjoy.

I must say ,I'm very dissapointed at this thread being derailed by the two of you, neither whom seem to have the inclination or will to walk away.

Tachikomo you will sometimes run into people who don't respond to reasonable arguements when this happens the best thing to do is simply give your opinion and make it quite clear that your part in the conversation is at an end ,regardless of any goading. 

If you don't learn when to stop it can get more and more personal and you end up with the thread degenerating to a pointless two way arguement that everyone involved in or reading knows has no resolution.

Goodnightmoon it pays to try to see the other point of view from a factual standpoint and not to take everything too personally even if the opposing voice may seem acerbic to you .

Well... You didn't contribute anything to the thread either... xD

One thing you should know about people who go to forums... They're usually bored. 

Maybe that will help you understand the nature of most responses here. ^_-

Well that was a great read :D

Seeing an emu of this quality so soon is unbelievable. Still see this as a POC rather than a functional emu but to already be running games(1fps is better than the previous 0) and not just make it to the homescreen or run simple homebrew is amazing.

1 Year vs 6... haha, well that depends on your definition of 'good emulator' is. To me, what I would consider such would be to run a handful/sample of games to completion being as good quality as consoles while allowing for crashes and such. So I would easily see one year as being acceptable meet and exceed this target.

Depends on what standards you're looking for. There's always room for improvements. The version in 6 years time will but much better I think we can all agree ;)

alrightiwill said:
Well that was a great read :D

Seeing an emu of this quality so soon is unbelievable. Still see this as a POC rather than a functional emu but to already be running games(1fps is better than the previous 0) and not just make it to the homescreen or run simple homebrew is amazing.

1 Year vs 6... haha, well that depends on your definition of 'good emulator' is. To me, what I would consider such would be to run a handful/sample of games to completion being as good quality as consoles while allowing for crashes and such. So I would easily see one year as being acceptable meet and exceed this target.

Depends on what standards you're looking for. There's always room for improvements. The version in 6 years time will but much better I think we can all agree ;)

if you look around google, theres other videos showing games like wind waker hd running full 3d scenes at around 8fps, and one of splatoon running the menus and setup screens at an average of 40fps.

Wright said:

I don't know, but this has legitimately been the most entertained I've been in a thread since I've entered VGC. Reading this, I was thinking "this must be how it's like to watch me debate," but if I'm honest with myself, not even I can perform this well.

Bravo.