By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First WiiU emulator available!

Goodnightmoon said:

Oh yeah, you being emotional, childish and completely out of place for a mod there make my point about how unbiased and neutral you are stronger, that´s for sure, even more when you show that you feel clearly proud about it :D

Still waiting for links to examples of me being biased, you claimed you couldn't be bothered to go digging but you seem pretty interested in continuing to spout the same nonsense.

So here, let me lay it out for you.

1) Bringing up my being a mod will not change how i reply to you.
2) You are angry about WiiU emulation happening, and spent the first part of this thread downplaying it and ridiculing the progress made, likely a direct result of your emotional attachment to the brand.
3) You believe me to be a nintendo hater despite all evidence pointing to the contrary, your belief stems from the fact that you take any negatives about Nintendo extremely personally, and have demonstrated this fact throughout your time as a VGC member.
4) Assuming you haven't been permabanned this time next year, regardless of the outcome I will bring up this very topic, If by then WiiU games are still not playable, I will issue an apology and admit I was wrong, and thus, I fully expect in a years time if what I have stated turns out to be true that you have the maturity to apologize in kind.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Tachikoma said:

The post is super accurate though. :)

Oh yeah, you being emotional, childish and completely out of place for a mod there make my point about how unbiased and neutral you are stronger, that´s for sure, even more when you show that you feel clearly proud about it :D

Your lucky Tachikoma is a cool mod and didnt give you a ban for name calling. Since the is no need to be callng someone childish.

Anyway the WiiU might of released in 2013, but lets face facts here its like a system from 2007 just like the Wii was the same as a system released in 2001-2..

and like Tachikoma is trying to explain to you is thanks to the work done on Dolphin with them two emus this WiiU emu is building off that and is why already it can boot games even if very slowly but progress will go quick since they are not figuring all this out from scratch.

I read that and thought... yep hes getting a warning or a temp band or something.

Tachikoma has valid reasoning for why she believes the emulator will be funktioning at a level ready to play games decently within a year.

It makes sense that the Wii and Wii U are very alike, and thus you can build on the foundation of what was learned from the dolphin emulator into the next emulator for the Wii U. This would result in drastically accelerated developement (something I hadnt even considered, until I read her post).

Like she says you can actually go look at the source codes and come to those conclusions yourself, if you dont want to take her word for it.

zero129 said:

Your lucky Tachikoma is a cool mod and didnt give you a ban for name calling. Since the is no need to be callng someone childish.

Anyway the WiiU might of released in 2013, but lets face facts here its like a system from 2007 just like the Wii was the same as a system released in 2001-2..

and like Tachikoma is trying to explain to you is thanks to the work done on Dolphin with them two emus this WiiU emu is building off that and is why already it can boot games even if very slowly but progress will go quick since they are not figuring all this out from scratch.

I appreciate the sentiment but I also called him childish so thats a non-issue.

Also, do not use our discussion or this thread to take pot shots at the WiiU, specifically the line "lets face facts here its like a system from 2007", because that is factually and demonstratably wrong.

Whether you are defending my stance or not, please do not resort to system pot shots, its one thing for him to attack me, but that only affects me and im more than capable of dealing with it myself, taking pot shots at consoles involves the entire fanbase and is considered baiting.

Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Still waiting for links to examples of me being biased, you claimed you couldn't be bothered to go digging but you seem pretty interested in continuing to spout the same nonsense.

So here, let me lay it out for you.

1) Bringing up my being a mod will not change how i reply to you.
2) You are angry about WiiU emulation happening, and spent the first part of this thread downplaying it and ridiculing the progress made, likely a direct result of your emotional attachment to the brand.
3) You believe me to be a nintendo hater despite all evidence pointing to the contrary, your belief stems from the fact that you take any negatives about Nintendo extremely personally, and have demonstrated this fact throughout your time as a VGC member.
4) Assuming you haven't been permabanned this time next year, regardless of the outcome I will bring up this very topic, If by then WiiU games are still not playable, I will issue an apology and admit I was wrong, and thus, I fully expect in a years time if what I have stated turns out to be true that you have the maturity to apologize in kind.

If the emulator is running at least a bunch of Nintendo games at 60fps on at least mid-high PCs next year then I promise I will sincerely apologize to you, and don´t worry, i will not be permabanned. 

No, I don´t really believe you are a hater of the brand itself, but a hater of their comunity?... that´s where i really have my doubts.

But look, let it be, let´s end it here, you have made clear several times in the past that you strongly dislike me and all this conversation has become pretty personal and violent since the begining. I dont expect this emulator to be decent next year despite your knowlege in this regard and I´m not angry because exists, It does not affect the consoles sales at all, it doesn´t matter, I do find annoying the fact that a bunch of haters are gonna bring the emulator as a reason to dismiss and downgrade the console everytime a game is released for it even when the emulator is still far from done and when it is done it will have tons of problems and high end pcs requirements as always, wich combined with the akward split screen for the gamepad will make it a not very confortable or accesible program to use until some years in the future, yet you are gonna see this "I will get it on the emulator" argument a lot in the internet and you know it.

I don´t have anything against you, so sorry if some comments were out of touch, and I´m being honest here, let´s the time speak and let´s this akward discussion die. Do you agree?

Goodnightmoon said:

If the emulator is running at least a bunch of Nintendo games at 60fps on at least mid-high PCs then I promise I will sincerely apologize to you, and don´t worry, i will not be permabanned. 

No, I don´t really believe you are a hater of the brand itself, but a hater of their comunity?... that´s where i really have my doubts.

Look, let it be, let´s end it here, you have made clear several times in the past that you strongly dislike me and all this conversation has become pretty personal and violent since the begining. I dont expect this emulator to be decent next year despite your knowlege in this regard and I´m not angry because exists, It does not affect the consoles sales at all, it doesn´t matter, I do find annoying the fact that a bunch of haters are gonna bring the emulator as a reason to dismiss and downgrade the console everytime a game is released for it when the emulator is still far from done and when is done it will have tons of problems and high end pcs requirements as always, that combined with the akward split screen for the gamepad will make it a not very confortable or accesible program to use until some years in the future, yet you are gonna see this "I will get it on the emulator" argument a lot in the internet and you know it.

I don´t have anything against you, so sorry if some comments were out of touch, and I´m being honest here, let´s the time speak and let´s this akward discussion die. Do you agree?

I am an active user within the Nintendo communities on WiiU, and across Nintendo discussion boards in my native Japan, VGC is just a tiny fascet of my social involvement for various systems, so i would wholeheartedly argue otherwse at the suggestion that i dislike the nintendo community.

As for the rest, it isn't an issue of "strongly disliking" anyone, it makes no difference to me if someone is unbiased or declares themselves the biggest fanboys of all time to a particular consome manufacturer, franchise or brand, to be clear I don't hate or "strongly dislike" anyone, however when I come into a thread where people are making false assertions like an already advanced emulator needng another 6 years and a nasa supercomputer to run well, the develop in me just wont let that be.

I am not biased towards any console, I am however critical of all consoles and maintain a critical view of all games, even those that I like, jumping headlong into a game, console or franchise and refusing to aknowledge or discuss its shortcomings to me just doesnt seem right, as such even for games I am excited for, if I buy it and it turns out to be crap, i will say exactly that.

But on a level here, you have consistently demonstrated that you do, unmistakably have an obvious bias towards Nintendo, that in itself is fine, but what ISNT fine is allowing that bias to influence your conduct here, to put it another way, even if someone chooses to be the biggest fan of a platform ever, and consider every single release on that system a masterpiece, that isnt an issue - what is an issue however is when such users twist any negative news towards their console or franchise, or more destructively, demonstrate an obvious hatred towards games and positive news of other systems, what you have demonstrated in this thread is that you are, even if just subconciously, viewing the news of this emulator negatively, which again, if fine, it could potentially harm sales of a system that is already struggling after all, so viewing it negatively isnt an issue - attacking the development of the emulator and riduculing its progress though, demonstrates an apathy towards anything percieved as anti-nintendo, something you have demonstrated extensively in your time as a VGC member, in multiple threads, for multiple games, and multiple consoles.

So i would like to ask you to step back and take that in to consideration, and move forward with an adjusted attitude towards both nintendo related topics and that of other systems and franchises, if you adjust how you treat others and the things they enjoy, you will soon notice that they do the same for you and the things you enjoy, too.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

If the emulator is running at least a bunch of Nintendo games at 60fps on at least mid-high PCs then I promise I will sincerely apologize to you, and don´t worry, i will not be permabanned. 

Look, let it be, let´s end it here, you have made clear several times in the past that you strongly dislike me and all this conversation has become pretty personal and violent since the begining. I dont expect this emulator to be decent next year despite your knowlege in this regard and I´m not angry because exists, It does not affect the consoles sales at all, it doesn´t matter, I do find annoying the fact that a bunch of haters are gonna bring the emulator as a reason to dismiss and downgrade the console everytime a game is released for it when the emulator is still far from done and when is done it will have tons of problems and high end pcs requirements as always, that combined with the akward split screen for the gamepad will make it a not very confortable or accesible program to use until some years in the future, yet you are gonna see this "I will get it on the emulator" argument a lot in the internet and you know it.

I am an active user within the Nintendo communities on WiiU, and across Nintendo discussion boards in my native Japan, VGC is just a tiny fascet of my social involvement for various systems, so i would wholeheartedly argue otherwse at the suggestion that i dislike the nintendo community.

Really? But you dislike every nintendo game, you don´t even play them when you have them, you said to me the "cuteness" of Nintendo is something you cannot stand, why are you so active then? XCX seems to be the only game you liked ion the console after all.

As for the rest of the thread, I confess I´m overprotective with the brand but that has to do a lot with the fact that hating every single thing Nintendo does has become the official international hobby of "gamers" this days, and I end up looking like the biggest fanboy when I don´t even liked Nintendo when I was a child and I told everybody in real life that WiiU was shit the entire 2013 and part of 2014 until I gave it a try. But oh well, at this point is hard to change the impressions people already have tbh.

Goodnightmoon said:

Really? But you dislike every nintendo game, you don´t even play them when you have them, you said to me the "cuteness" of Nintendo is something you cannot stand, why are you so active then? XCX seems to be the only game you liked ion the console after all.

You could just ask me, you know.

There are many Nintendo games I enjoy, just not many of them are on the WiiU, most are on the 3DS or past Nintendo consoles.

Im not going to lie and claim theres lots I like on the WiiU, because there simply isn't, that is down to in part, the pretty meager library the console has, even to this day, and the fact that it isn't a secret that I dislike mario titles, I have openly stated that fact multiple times, the character i find is annoying, and many of the games that feature Mario do so with him as the centerpiece, lets face it, if a character annoys you, you are unlikely to enjoy such games.

There are however, plenty of Nintendo titles beyond simply Mario, and plenty of past genration third party titles that only made an appearance on Nintendo platforms that I still enjoy.

I can't even follow the conversation with my eyes any more.

Its like a battle between the GMods.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Tachikoma said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You could just ask me, you know.

There are many Nintendo games I enjoy, just not many of them are on the WiiU, most are on the 3DS or past Nintendo consoles.

Im not going to lie and claim theres lots I like on the WiiU, because there simply isn't, that is down to in part, the pretty meager library the console has, even to this day, and the fact that it isn't a secret that I dislike mario titles, I have openly stated that fact multiple times, the character i find is annoying, and many of the games that feature Mario do so with him as the centerpiece, lets face it, if a character annoys you, you are unlikely to enjoy such games.

There are however, plenty of Nintendo titles beyond simply Mario, and plenty of past genration third party titles that only made an appearance on Nintendo platforms that I still enjoy.

That´s a pitty, there are some great Mario games in wich you dont need to play as Mario, like 3DWorld, you should give it a try playing like Toad wich is the best character ever done, and that´s a completely objective and unbiased fact

Did you played Splatoon btw? I know you don´t like it but I´m still curious to know your thoughts about it.

For the sake of all that's good, what is going on in this thread?!