By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First WiiU emulator available!

Cool are the system requirements known ?

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

In about 10 plus years, holding out on getting Bayo 2 is really gonna pay off.

walsufnir said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Well, is gonna take years and a Nasa computer until it runs fine, and even there the wiiu gamepad is not posible to use unless you put some kind of akward split screen and using the mouse instead of your hand to touch it.

Sure, because the Xbone is a NASA computer which is able to emulate the 360.

Doesn't the XBO have the exact 360 hardware included? I remember reading in the same explanation as to how the 360 emulation works that there's literally a 360 inside every XBO, just as the early PS3 models also literally contained PS2s. Not exactly the best of comparisons. 

From my understanding (I don't even remotely dabble in high end emulation, so little so that I don't even follow it), it still takes a relatively high end PC to run Dolphin games reasonably well, and Dolphin is incredibly well built and has been optimized about as much as it'll ever be. I think we're still a long while off of a 50% effective PS360 emulator, let alone something with as..."unique" specs as the Wii U has. After all, we only really got the Wii emu quickly because it's essentially a Gamecube with waggle. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

97alexk said:

emulators have always been for cheap people. pfft buy a real console.

That's not all about piracy. Modding, translations for japanise-only games (thanks for region-lock, Nintendo!), models ripping, actual fullHD resolution and framerate (in theory).

I doubt this will ever come to anything

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
walsufnir said:

Oh but that´s some kind of magic that Microsoft did there with their own technology, usually you need to have a computer that is ridiculously more powerfull than the real console in order to have a decent emulation of its games, and this happens always, I´m sure this performs like shit in a lot of high end PC, and thats with all the bugs, incompatibilities, lack of sound, etc etc because is gonna take years until it performs decently regardless the specs.

Xenia also has some good performance already. But we will see how it turns out.

That was alot sooner than I thought it would be.
Oh well before its ready to play games half decently for the avg joe, people will be on to the NX and laughing at people with emulators playing last gen games.

JRPGfan said:
Oh well before its ready to play games half decently for the avg joe, people will be on to the NX and laughing at people with emulators playing last gen games.

No one laughed at people playing GCN/PS2 emulators last gen.

JRPGfan said:

Pretty sure PC gamers will most of those console titles too likely at better graphics, so if anything they're laughing at console owners. 

DivinePaladin said:
walsufnir said:

Doesn't the XBO have the exact 360 hardware included? I remember reading in the same explanation as to how the 360 emulation works that there's literally a 360 inside every XBO, just as the early PS3 models also literally contained PS2s. Not exactly the best of comparisons. 

From my understanding (I don't even remotely dabble in high end emulation, so little so that I don't even follow it), it still takes a relatively high end PC to run Dolphin games reasonably well, and Dolphin is incredibly well built and has been optimized about as much as it'll ever be. I think we're still a long while off of a 50% effective PS360 emulator, let alone something with as..."unique" specs as the Wii U has. After all, we only really got the Wii emu quickly because it's essentially a Gamecube with waggle. 

No. It doesn't. The 360 was Power PC based, and the XBO is x86. Basically, Microsoft and its partners retool the games to make them run on the XBO. That's why not all games work currently. Besides, you can't run the games directly from their disc. You have to download them into your HDD first. The disc only serves as a proof you have the game, and unlocks the download file.