By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Plus and Games with Gold: Their fault or our greed?

I mean, it's at the very least extremely misleading leading the subscription off with a AAA caliber of games they had no hope of maintaining. Of course people would get mad. They payed the subscription expecting a caliber of games that is not being met anymore...

...Is what I would say if any of that were still true. But it's not anymore because now you're really just paying for Sony's permission to play online, and are getting free games as a cherry on top, so get over it. You're getting what you're now paying for, and a few free games on top of that. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Around the Network

PS plus used to be a steal and had little subscribers. Its good press helped the PS4 find success and people trusted it would be no big deal paying for online.. Lately it has just been bad and it has more subscribers due to paid online.

The free games has given people a sense of entitlement. They should both collude together and agree to stop giving away any and all games.

From PS+ I've got and acquired 2 awesome games since I started paying in January. 2 and I'm happy, I've tried others and deleted them but at least I have the chance instead of buying them and seeking a refund, it's like a try before you buy as well... yet sad to say, maybe EA were right. Maybe we should divide up all these producers games into individual paid for services. Sony should just add full Sony games to PS+, MS games to Xbox Live Gold and then we can have paid for services EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Square Enix and the lot all for £30 a year each totalling £200 or more for each person (if you want them all).

Less and less people overtime would actually buy games new on day one and would 'wait' for them to appear on these services instead, meaning the companies push those games on those services sooner and so on. Until games are no longer being produced for disc release at all, just these services, whether you download or stream them. Not returns, no exchanges, just £30 at year... although that's too cheap. If the above happened then it would be more like £10 a month for each service due to costs of producing all these games. Then we'd complain because £10 a month is too expensive when it used to be £30 a whole year.

.... I went off on one. Where was I? I know, Paying for online bad, getting some games, whether I like them or not in compensation, good. Overall, it's good value.

Hmm, pie.

Mostly ours imo. Of course Sony spoiled us with many great titles that wasn´t even 1 year old. Now people expect them to hand out all new releases. But its really the human nature. If you give humans a hand, they take the full arm.

Around the Network

PlayStation 3

Game Date added Date removed Ref.
1 Wipeout HD June 29, 2010 July 27, 2010 [1]
2 Critter Crunch July 27, 2010 August 24, 2010 [2]
3 Mushroom Wars August 24, 2010 September 21, 2010 [3]
4 Zen Pinball September 21, 2010 October 19, 2010 [4]
5 Burn Zombie Burn October 19, 2010 November 16, 2010 [5]
6 Shatter November 16, 2010 December 14, 2010 [6]
7 Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves December 7, 2010 [7]
8 Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (episodes 1–5) December 14, 2010 January 18, 2011
9 Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West January 4, 2011 February 1, 2011 [8]
10 Digger HD February 1, 2011 March 1, 2011 [9]
11 Stacking February 8, 2011 [10]
12 Sonic the Hedgehog March 1, 2011 April 5, 2011 [11]
13 Comet Crash March 29, 2011 June 7, 2011 [12]
14 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 April 5, 2011 [13]
15 Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers June 7, 2011 July 5, 2011 [14]
16 Streets of Rage 2 June 28, 2011 July 12, 2011 [15]
17 Bomberman Ultra July 5, 2011 August 2, 2011
18 Golden Axe July 12, 2011 August 9, 2011 [16]
19 Crash Commando August 2, 2011 [17]
20 Comix Zone August 9, 2011 [18]
21 Altered Beast September 6, 2011 [19]
22 Astro Tripper
23 Plants vs. Zombies
24 Costume Quest October 4, 2011 [20]
25 Elemental Monster
26 Dead Nation October 18, 2011 [21]
27 Hydrophobia: Prophecy November 1, 2011 [22]
28 Tomb Raider: Underworld December 6, 2011 [23]
29 Marvel Pinball December 13, 2011
30 Back to the Future: The Game (episodes 1–5) January 3, 2012 [24]
31 Swords & Soldiers
32 Inferno Pool February 7, 2012 [25]
33 The Simpsons Arcade Game
34 Battle Fantasia February 14, 2012
35 Far Cry 2
36 Fatal Inertia EX
37 Hamsterball
38 Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
39 Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
40 Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus March 6, 2012 [26]
41 Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
42 Shank 2 April 3, 2012 [27]
43 Shift 2: Unleashed
44 Frogger Returns April 17, 2012
45 Awesomenauts May 1, 2012 [28]
46 Trine 2
47 Rock of Ages May 15, 2012
48 Choplifter HD June 5, 2012 [29]
49 Hard Corps: Uprising
50 Just Cause 2

Here is the first 50 games from PSN+ ever, I would love to know do people have such short memories or did people really consider some of these small arcade titles as being non stop AAA+ titles? I mean there are some really good games in there like Golden Axe and Sonic the Hedgehog from the Megadrive, but if those popped up as a monthly game now (they can't because the service doesn't repeat games) would people be happier than indie game offerings like Super Meat Boy that we get this month?

I mean if you yearn for those sort of offerings as AAA then right now there is a retro sale on which includes https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/sega-mega-drive-collection-psp/cid=EP0177-ULES00556_00-PPCSEGAMEG000002?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term={keyword}&utm_campaign=PX+-+PlayStation+-+Brand+-+Ireland&EMCID=GM300000_store can just buy that for €4 and be filled with AAA+ megadrive games for the rest of the year!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Phronesis said:
ganoncrotch said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7553830

my thoughts from 2 days ago, hasn't changed.

at OP tho I would say to be aware of the fact that if someone is sounding very critical of xblgold and have a psn themed sig or visa versa then keep in mind theyre likely to not be active subscribers of the service just people trying to be loud and sound as tho the subbers aint pleased. if people are subbed and not happy with the offerings theyll vote with wallets as always and right now subs of both services are just on the rise.

psn+ is gonna end up me buying a ps4 too from their igc model, since Im subbed for the past few years for my vitas and ps3 my ps4 library already has 50+ games in it waiting for me to buy the system to play them on, will be the first system I buy and already have a backlog of games on lol

What's funny about your comment from 2 days ago is that when there was a rumour that AC4 Black Fag would be on PS+ I was a little unhappy because I already own the game. So I do prefer Super meat boy.

I also have PS3 and Vita so PS+ has a great value for me because I earn more than 6 games per month since the games are cross-platform. It's a nice addition to the service. I saw that Games with Gold counts the same game twice like what happened to The Walking Dead (on 360 and One). And you know what? People were not surprised with TWD on Live even though it's a GOTY.

Again, I think there is something odd with console gamers...

Aye loads of people would have shelled out real money for AC4 and would have been equally dissappointed with having bought it and "wasted" that money and in a way "wasted" the IGC games this month from Sony because of their purchase, Sony will do all they can to avoid wasting resources dissappointing those people who buy the big titles on their platforms on launch weeks/month.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I got a 3 month sub to PS+ after hearing all the stories about how PS+ is awesome. After it expires I doubt I'll ever renew it again.

I have to pay money for a shitty Playstation Network... So I want at least big AAA games from PS Plus! This is not too much imo!

Vasto said:
I have no complaints about Games With Gold. PS Plus seems to get worse every month.

No it doesnt, Gold get this month the wolf among us as the only game. That is an indie game in my eyes and its one game only in comparison to PS+