By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Plus and Games with Gold: Their fault or our greed?

Sharpryno said:
Lets be honest, the quality of PS+ games dropped at the start of this gen when Sony got a massive lead. There is no incentive for them to put bigger budget games on PS+ currently. The PS3 is not even getting the high caliber games it used to get.

That's factually incorrect!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

All I know is, when I first got my PS3, pretty much 50% of the game I wanted to play were already available on PS+. It was a great service for the 3 or so months I had one for, I played dozens of games from Uncharted 3, to Okami to Infamous 2 to Siren, all for the added cost of £10 to my bundle choice.

Since then (Dec 2013) I have noticed the quality of games on PS+ has gone lower and lower, with more shovelware than ever before.

As for GWG, its been worthless right from the start, with the exception of the population boost it gave to Halo Reach.

I still think PS+ is solid value. I spent $50 for two years and figure got roughly $400-500 games out of it. Happy to spend $50 for another year.

Rafie said:
Sharpryno said:
Lets be honest, the quality of PS+ games dropped at the start of this gen when Sony got a massive lead. There is no incentive for them to put bigger budget games on PS+ currently. The PS3 is not even getting the high caliber games it used to get.

That's factually incorrect!

It is the only thing that makes sense when you look at the PS3's selection of PS+ games in the past year. 

Quick Answer:

Dont like the service, any of the two, dont subscribe.

Want AAA Games? www.amazon.com

Around the Network

. I think publishers quickly realised that "I'll wait for it to be on PS+" was becoming a thing so they might not be as overly keen on it as they used too.
It's a really good marketing tool though. Ground zeros help sell me on mgsv and tomb raider has been downloaded by quite a few people I know on xbox.
These days I wouldn't expect big titles to appear unless the sequel is not far off.

It's kind of their fault. They spoiled us. So now our expectations are too high.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

jlmurph2 said:
Phronesis said:

The community, however, it's very unhappy with both services. They still expect AAA games, not indies.

Well lately I don't really see Xbox gamers unhappy with the service. The last few months was AC IV Black Flag, Ground Zeroes and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. While 360 still got AAA's. And starting November, Xbox One will receive every 360 GWG game from now on through backwards compatibility. While still getting its 2 games a month. Xbox gamers aren't complaining. 

GWG hypu!

ironmanDX said:
I generally download gwg games Indies or no. Just seems like a vocal minority. Or judging by the thumbs down, the vocal majority. Indie titles are... Niche in comparison to AAA titles. Ps+ and gwg have just set the bar too high.

I download them too, never plan on playing them though.
Maybe one day.

foodfather said:
All I know is, when I first got my PS3, pretty much 50% of the game I wanted to play were already available on PS+. It was a great service for the 3 or so months I had one for, I played dozens of games from Uncharted 3, to Okami to Infamous 2 to Siren, all for the added cost of £10 to my bundle choice.

Since then (Dec 2013) I have noticed the quality of games on PS+ has gone lower and lower, with more shovelware than ever before.

As for GWG, its been worthless right from the start, with the exception of the population boost it gave to Halo Reach.

Like people said, PS3 set the bar too high. Now their focus is PS4 so they won't bother much with PS3's games. We still have AAA games almost monthly, but even when games like God of War Ascencion are offered they won't generate the same impact. Right now there are not a lot of PS3 games that people didn't played already...

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.