By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fallout 4 Xbone Bundle Announced - $399 (1TB, game, Fallout 3 BC download)

Tagged games:

LudicrousSpeed said:
So many people worried about how the box looks. Do a lot of you live in Singapore (worst eyesight in the world)? Do your retailers keep everything in the back and you have no idea what you bought until you walk out of the store with it? You stand in front of the case where it's kept or walk down the aisle where its stacked and you can easily see what is inside each of these bundles.

I think most people will be concerned about whats inside rather than the box. These are three and four hundred dollar consoles, not 99 cent movie night at Blockbuster lol.

It's true that the exterior doesn't really matter in the end, though I can see where people are coming from. There have been some bundles with cool looking boxes that makes it look more appeal, like these.

So I can see why people would criticize it, even if it doesn't really matter.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
Areym said:
Eh, why would anybody go back to F3 when F4 is right infront of them? Maybe hardcore fans who were put off a bit by changes made. For new comers, F3 will be untouched

I'm going to play F3 before F4 ... I missed the game last gen. I'm really happy that I'm getting to play F3 for free. Why would you want to jump in the F4 without the background story and it's available with F3 BC.

That's all fine and dandy, but the Fallout aren't really sequential (i don't know if that's the right word) You really don't need to play previous ones to get invested in the Fallout universe, although F3 is a fantastic game in it's own right but it is a bit outdated at this point. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

lol people complaining about the BOX ART of the bundles.

Newsflash... unless a console bundle is a specifically themed console (i.e. Forza 6 LE bundle or Darth Vader PS4 w/ Star Wars Battlefront) then it's just going to be the generic console + box art with the included games slapped on... both the PS3 and 360 did that all last generation for their "holiday" bundles, and nobody complained.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

This bundle was expected, shame it wasn't a custom Fallout 4 console but oh well.

^Well said NightDragon.

Proud to be a Californian.

Microsoft is not playing around with these bundles, but I have to wonder how is this bundle going to affect the tomb raider one?

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

Newsflash... unless a console bundle is a specifically themed console (i.e. Forza 6 LE bundle or Darth Vader PS4 w/ Star Wars Battlefront) then it's just going to be the generic console + box art with the included games slapped on... both the PS3 and 360 did that all last generation for their "holiday" bundles, and nobody complained.

Someone better tell the Tomb Raider bundle.

NightDragon83 said:

Apparently this one is something special, when in reality all the important information is on the bottom row, just like Fallout. But generic cave with ice-cycles makes all the difference lol.

Jazz2K said:
ethomaz said:
Jazz2K said:
I agree these boxes need a little more design love. But ehh we got a Forza and Halo themed console and boxes... not everything has to be about visuals lol.

In fact it has to sell well.

MS did that with 360.
Sony do that with PS4.

Seems like MS just lost the touch.

Not every bundles has to have designed consoles though... and not every games bundled deserve a total box makeup... I think they should've made a special box for both Gears and Fallout though.

It's very cheap to do a sleeve that goes over the boxes that can change the look and feel of a console even if its the same machine inside.

It's been done since the Amiga days (and probably before), for good reason, a nice looking box gets the buyer excited about what they are going to buy. It may not even be about new buyers, it's about people on the fence, getting them excited about the console is not just about the games, it's about the whole presentation.

If you had two XBO's - both with the same contents, but one had a nicer looking box - which one would most people buy? Stupid I know but totally true. Presentation is everything. MS have lost it this gen for some unknown reason.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Guys, lets not forget that MS still has 2 tools up its sleeve. They can cut the price by $50 or they can give away an extra free game on Live. They can even do both if need be. They have enough wiggle room to turn these average bundles into something huge.

What I find positive about this bundle is the 1TB disc. Since in the Xbone you can't swap the disc and are stuck with the internal disc you buy forever, I wouldn't even consider a 500 GB. 1TB is the bare minimum I could accept. Still, I think MS should add that option of swapping the internal disc in Xbone Slim.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Madword said:
Jazz2K said:

Not every bundles has to have designed consoles though... and not every games bundled deserve a total box makeup... I think they should've made a special box for both Gears and Fallout though.

It's very cheap to do a sleeve that goes over the boxes that can change the look and feel of a console even if its the same machine inside.

It's been done since the Amiga days (and probably before), for good reason, a nice looking box gets the buyer excited about what they are going to buy. It may not even be about new buyers, it's about people on the fence, getting them excited about the console is not just about the games, it's about the whole presentation.

If you had two XBO's - both with the same contents, but one had a nicer looking box - which one would most people buy? Stupid I know but totally true. Presentation is everything. MS have lost it this gen for some unknown reason.

Yeah I know a thing or two about presentation, that's my job actualy and no it's not that cheap. I'm not trying to excuse them for their lack of efforts concerning the bundles look. I just feel it's ridiculous how people act like it's the end of MS because they didn't paint a box. It's not like both Sony and Nintendo paint every console box for every games that are bundling. Imo MS should've done a better design job for Fallout and the white console that comes with Gears but I don't think it hard to understand they are pushing Forza 6, Halo 5 and Tomb Raider more that's why each of them have a better design, especially Halo 5.