By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Thar she blows! Halo 5 bundle storms into the top 20, now at 17!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:

binary solo said:

The power of Halo. Let's not forget this is a $500 console and it will soon be beating any $350 PS4 bundle.

SWORDF1SH said:
binary solo said:

The power of Halo. Let's not forget this is a $500 console and it will soon be beating any $350 PS4 bundle.

To be fair,  it's the power of Microsoft's flag ship game versus remasters and mulitplats.

AEGRO said:
rccsetzer said:
tiff3110 said:
ethomaz said:
Hiku said:

How are they able to do that? Last time I tried, you needed a US credit/debit card in order to be able to buy the PSN cards. So I bought from Play-Asia instead.

I never had issue bying things in Amazon with International Credit Card there... they even ship to Brazil.

You don't need an US one.

It wass different for codes/digital purchases. You needed a US credit card and they used to send you the code via email. Apparently now you can use an international credit card, I just noticed...since when idk.

Important message about the item you would like to purchase

We noticed you're shopping from Brazil. This item is not available for purchase due to geographical restrictions. 

Not Shopping from Brazil? 
So, you can't buy if the adress is not from US.

Buy a Gift Card.

Then, add the PSN Card to the Cart.

When checking out, Amazon will request an American Credit Card, just Google "Credit Card Generator" and copy and paste whatever number you find there, from Master, Visa, whatever.

At the end, Amazon will just debit the money from the Gift Card that you bought earlier and thats it. The american Credit Card number is just a formality from them.

I do it all the time.

P.D. You can actually have some fun with the "Credit Card Holder" name. My last purchase was bought by no other than John Marston himself.

Yes, this works. My Credit Card is also from Venezuela and I can purchase PSN Codes by applying a Amazon Gift Card first and using a fake US Address, the Credit Card being from a foreing country (or fake for that matter) is not a problem for Amazon if you buy with Gift Card Credit.

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
binary solo said:

To be fair,  it's the power of Microsoft's flag ship game versus remasters, mulitplats......

... and a price cut.

SWORDF1SH said:
sabvre42 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
binary solo said:

To be fair,  it's the power of Microsoft's flag ship game versus remasters, mulitplats......

... and a price cut.

A 12.5% price cut on a $400 device isn't that big. It really isn't large enough to push a huge sales spike, other than the ones that knew a price cut was on the horizon and just delayed the purchase a few months.

What the price cut WILL do however, is see a small baseline increase over an extended time.

Halo on the other hand, should cause a large sales spike as people buy the xb1 specifically for that one game. I know 2 people already that bought an XB1 just to play halo -- and only halo. I do not know anyone that bought a PS4 just because the cost went down and only because the cost went down.

SWORDF1SH said:
binary solo said:

Also shouldn't forget  PS4's sales are far more fractured right now. It may outsell individual PS4 bundles, but it may struggle outsell them combined. 

Halo at 16 now. Got to give it to Halo. The game is big. Pushing a $500 into the top 20 is not easy feat. But seing the ranking of other bundles for Xbox One it shows that the hardcore Halo fan are buying Xbox One now. Cause if someone esle just wanted to play Halo, buy a cheaper Xbox One and buy the game.

"hardcore Halo fan are buying Xbox One now" 
Belive me when i say, true hardcore fans are buying their seccond X1. A halo 
limited edition is a big hit for fans and they are not letting this pass, I would not be surprised if some hardcore Halo fans had 2-3, perhaps more, x1 in their homes.