By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will NX have Paid Online?

Will NX have paid online

Yes 51 19.47%

No 103 39.31%

Maybe 45 17.18%

NX sucks! 19 7.25%

Other 2 0.76%

I like pizza 42 16.03%

Total:262

Yes.

vivster said:
Will NX have online?

No.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
HylianYoshi said:
No, then they'll have an edge if NX manages to be on XBO levels of power or more. If they do, though, then they should let me play all the VC stuff free.

Lmao, that would be absurdly stupid of them. You realise people are buying these games in droves at their inflated prices, right?

I'm not paying for something that they didn't need to charge me for in previous generations. Nintendo isn't good enough at pleasing their fans to do something like give away hundreds of games, from a business standpoint it's dumb.

bet: lost

Yes

Some services may have a subscription, for example, an online movie streaming channel, but having an overall subscription fee to play anything online is stupid and a ripoff.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Some services may have a subscription, for example, an online movie streaming channel, but having an overall subscription fee to play anything online is stupid and a ripoff.

You mean like how the wii u have netflix?

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Tachikoma said:

PS3 fans said the same thing back when xbl was paid and psn was free and look how that turned out.

I expect the argument to quietly shift from "ours is free" to "ours is the best" for nintendo fans just as it did for playstation fans. You see, it's easy for people to shrug something off when it doesnt directly effect them, but as soon as it does (paid online) the lyrics may change a little but the chorus is always the same.

Still don't think it will happen. When Nintendo is quoting the Kindle kindle model of free data plans as a round about way of keeping online free on their next handheld, it becomes explicitely clear what their philosophy on the matter is. They'll find some other way to make that money, like Kindle did. But it won't be via paid subscription.

That is, until the new membership plan is revealed in two days to be a subscription based "rewards program," in which case I'll have to hide under a rock for a few months until you all forget I ever said any of this.

Why two days?

Also i edited out the spelling errors from the op since i typed it in a rush.

really hope not.
Its one of the good things that set nintendo apart.

HylianYoshi said:

I'm not paying for something that they didn't need to charge me for in previous generations. Nintendo isn't good enough at pleasing their fans to do something like give away hundreds of games, from a business standpoint it's dumb.

They please enough fans by selling them as they are now.

jason1637 said:

Why two days?

Just speculation based on CN ending tomorrow. Nothing concrete.