By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will NX have Paid Online?

Will NX have paid online

Yes 51 19.47%

No 103 39.31%

Maybe 45 17.18%

NX sucks! 19 7.25%

Other 2 0.76%

I like pizza 42 16.03%

Total:262

I hope not, because, alongside overpriced DLC "amiibos" and incomplete/unwanted games, this new console will led to another disaster like the Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
spemanig said:
jason1637 said:

Why two days?

Just speculation based on CN ending tomorrow. Nothing concrete.

Oh okay, i thought nintendo anounced a diferect or something and i missed it.

Pavolink said:
I hope not, because, alongside overpriced DLC "amiibos" and incomplete/unwanted games, this new console will led to another disaster like the Wii U.

Doubt it. At least not because of the amiibo scam, and definitely not because of incomplete games like Splatoon or unwanted games like Federation Force. People actually like that stuff.

Well, they'll warm up to FF eventually.

Pavolink said:

Doubt it. At least not because of the amiibo scam, and definitely not because of incomplete games like Splatoon or unwanted games like Federation Force. People actually like that stuff.

Though Mario Maker actually makes great use of Amiibo. You can earn the amiibo unlocks ingame, so let's hope that's a sign of good things to come. All they need to do now is make Splatoon 2 Free to Start and make a core Metroid, F-Zero, and good Star Fox game in the next decade, and everything will be right with the world.

No, and it would be a bad idea otherwise.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Pavolink said:

Though Mario Maker actually makes great use of Amiibo. You can earn the amiibo unlocks ingame, so let's hope that's a sign of good things to come. All they need to do now is make Splatoon 2 Free to Start and make a core Metroid, F-Zero, and good Star Fox game in the next decade, and everything will be right with the world.

The problem with DLC/amiibos and incomplete/unwanted games is not Nintendo releasing, but people buying it, praising and asking for more.

Maybe that would be one of the perks like PSN and Gold. Hope not, but it could be packaged as part of the NX subscription model together with cloud based system for your VCs that you can download to all Nintendo devices including mobiles. :)

Pavolink said:

The problem with DLC/amiibos and incomplete/unwanted games is not Nintendo releasing, but people buying it, praising and asking for more.

I don't know how much that'll change, but the praise has not been universal, and like I said with Mario Maker, they may be listening to those complaints. If that sets the precident for Amiibo, I'm 100% down with that.

And again, Splatoon 2 should really be free to start. Like, really. Look ar Rusty for how to handle it. It would be exponencially more successful, and franckly more lucrative too. And the shallow content at launch could actually be forgiven. Splatoon could be the NX's TF2.

spemanig said:
Pavolink said:

I don't know how much that'll change, but the praise has not been universal, and like I said with Mario Maker, they may be listening to those complaints. If that sets the precident for Amiibo, I'm 100% down with that.

And again, Splatoon 2 should really be free to start. Like, really. Look ar Rusty for how to handle it. It would be exponencially more successful, and franckly more lucrative too. And the shallow content at launch could actually be forgiven. Splatoon could be the NX's TF2.

That's actually a nice idea. Maybe the first one was Nintendo testing the waters.

gabzjmm23 said:
Maybe that would be one of the perks like PSN and Gold. Hope not, but it could be packaged as part of the NX subscription model together with cloud based system for your VCs that you can download to all Nintendo devices including mobiles. :)

But the membership program will already do all of that for free.

Well, not the VC thing. Those won't get put on mobiles anytime soon.