By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Battlefront Beta Discussion Thread [Rate the beta]

Rate the beta!

10 3 8.11%

9 5 13.51%

8 7 18.92%

7 9 24.32%

6 3 8.11%

5 2 5.41%

4 4 10.81%

3 2 5.41%

2 0 0%

1 2 5.41%

Total:37
The Fury said:

Finally won a Walker mode game as REbels...I also finally get how it works too.

its pretty easy if you know how it goes.

use the ATGAR turrets and the a-wings/snowspeeder when the shields are off. dont just shot your stupid blaster on it.

ion weapons and orbital strikes are nice aswell.

i would say you have a 40% chance if you know what you have to do.

Around the Network

Tried a couple of rounds, all it did was reminding me how much i dislike multiplayer-games

I have to say, I'm thoroughly unimpressed by it.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Fun little game, but it does not feel like the Battlefront I grew up with and loved to bits.

LordPhil said:

The open beta is starting soon. Some people received early access beta codes and are on twitch playing it already. Any early impressions on the game?

The graphics are insane.

Around the Network

Quite overwhelming. It's SUPERB, music is used effeciently & SW atmosphere is rendered perfectly.

Gameplay still bugs me a bit : rifles feel extremely nerfed and respawn is not perfect. We could do with better aim too...

Gave it a shot just before on PS4, the visuals are amazing... The rock textures, the snow... WOW. Gameplay is solid also. Day 1 for me for sure.

generic-user-1 said:
The Fury said:

Finally won a Walker mode game as REbels...I also finally get how it works too.

its pretty easy if you know how it goes.

use the ATGAR turrets and the a-wings/snowspeeder when the shields are off. dont just shot your stupid blaster on it.

ion weapons and orbital strikes are nice aswell.

i would say you have a 40% chance if you know what you have to do.

Is'nt that in a sense unfair then? 40% chance if you know what to do. If you don't, near zero. I know in the film Empire win and I guess Rebels winning in not in continuity but still... should be 50/50 from the start.

Hmm, pie.

Played it yesterday and today and have to say that they nailed the Star Wars Feeling. I'm also pretty impressed with the graphical optimization. As some already noticed, the game looks really good but i never had any slowdowns playing on maximum settings. Battlefield 4 was really bad in that regard (don't know about BF: Hardline).

As someone who has never played a Battlefront game before, i find the gameplay to be quite good. Weapon handling feels good. It's pretty satisfying to shoot someone in the head with the sniper rifle from a long distance (thanks to good sound design) and the map (i only played Hoth up until now) isn't bad.

What i don't like about the game is the respawn points. I had so many issues with other players spawn-killing me, it's not even funny. - And i just played about 3 hours or so. DICE really needs to fix that somehow.
They should also add some kind of marker for your friends (like the partner whose name is colored yellow) so you can actually coordinate your movements and actions with them. ATM, names of your friends who are not your partner are the same color as the other names.

I like the general feel of the game, especially the arcade-y aspects that DICE couldn't use in Battlefield games.

Will probably buy the game but not at the release.

Playing: F1 2016 (PC), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watching: Hajime no Ippo, Attack on Titan (4th time)
Upcoming purchases in October:
-TBD

I havn't enjoyed it at all. Reminded me more of Cod than Battlefield. Just running around, no cover, no thought. Enjoyed the R6 Siege beta loads more. Will go for that this xmas..