By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Battlefront Beta Discussion Thread [Rate the beta]

Rate the beta!

10 3 8.11%

9 5 13.51%

8 7 18.92%

7 9 24.32%

6 3 8.11%

5 2 5.41%

4 4 10.81%

3 2 5.41%

2 0 0%

1 2 5.41%

Total:37

"Get ready to be taken to a galaxy far, far away!" - EA

Star Wars Battlefront has been highly anticipated since its reveal at E3 2013 and from October 8 - 12, everyone on PS4, Xbox One and PC will finally be getting a chance to experience it for themselves.

According to EA, there will be 3 game modes available during the beta:

• Walker Assault on Hoth: Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-ATs by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.
  • Drop Zone on Sullust: Escape pods are crashing down and you and your team must fight to control them. With its frantic 8v8 matches, Drop Zone is sure to put your combat and strategy skills to the test.
  • Survival Mission on Tatooine: Play alone or with a friend via co-op or split-screen as you battle to hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-ST’s, TIE fighters, elite Stormtroopers, and more.

Will it be able to live up to the other entries in the series? We'll find out soon.

Post your thoughts and impressions on the upcoming beta below.

Update:

Update2:

Around the Network

Looking forward to it. I'm not sure if it will be as good as the original Battlefronts, but we'll see how the beta goes.

I'd be stupid not to try this.

The open beta is starting soon. Some people received early access beta codes and are on twitch playing it already. Any early impressions on the game?

Been watching peopl eplay it on Twitch, looks really awesome.

Around the Network

So 10AM PST

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.

Any thoughts on the game so far? Also, just in case anyone missed it, the open beta started a few hours ago.