By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Battlefront Beta Discussion Thread [Rate the beta]

Rate the beta!

10 3 8.11%

9 5 13.51%

8 7 18.92%

7 9 24.32%

6 3 8.11%

5 2 5.41%

4 4 10.81%

3 2 5.41%

2 0 0%

1 2 5.41%

Total:37

They've already said they're tuning the walkers for the retail release, plus apparently the rebels can unlock other weapons and items that make it easier to damage them in the game. In that mode I am more worried about the incredibly shitty spawn system. That speaks more to incompetent design than a small balance issue. Especially when you have the walkers shields down but you spawn inside of that stupid ass base, where your only options are run out of the middle into the hilariously exaggerated blinding sun, run out the far back and be out of the action, or run out of the tiny little killbox/hallway where a swarm of empire players are just sitting with turrets and nades ready to rack up the easiest kills ever.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
They've already said they're tuning the walkers for the retail release, plus apparently the rebels can unlock other weapons and items that make it easier to damage them in the game. In that mode I am more worried about the incredibly shitty spawn system. That speaks more to incompetent design than a small balance issue. Especially when you have the walkers shields down but you spawn inside of that stupid ass base, where your only options are run out of the middle into the hilariously exaggerated blinding sun, run out the far back and be out of the action, or run out of the tiny little killbox/hallway where a swarm of empire players are just sitting with turrets and nades ready to rack up the easiest kills ever.

The spawn system was horrible. It was probably one of the main issues I had with the beta. Hopefully DICE is able to fix it by the time the game releases.

This was honestly the easiest shooter I've played on consoles since MW3. Literally nothing competitive about it. For $60 this is a massive HELL NO.

BO3 and Halo 5 for me. And everything else on PC (except 2k16 and Fifa). Console lovers in this thread talking about graphics is truly hilarious.

LordPhil said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

The spawn system was horrible. It was probably one of the main issues I had with the beta. Hopefully DICE is able to fix it by the time the game releases.

setting anitinfantry turrets in spawning zones is a feature!

GamechaserBE said:
One of those amazing moments in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=44&v=CnqtUAg4hkw

That's gotta hurt despite being a bullet sponge. 

OT: I had no hype for Star Wars: Battlething. I watched a bit on twitch and got me to download the beta and try it on both PS4 and PC. It was fun when i was playing it but not fun enough to get it day 1. Game costs like $90 after taxes plus the season pass or whatever. That is just too much for something that will drop to 10-20 bucks in couple of months. 

Anyways have fun next month for those of you jumping into AT&T's. 

Around the Network
LordPhil said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Yep, not only shitty spawns but the ability for the empire team to camp it. Plus you have hkrrific line of sight issues against the rebels, and the turrets everywhere that the empire can use.

Rebels cant hop in a walker or snatch a tie fighter powerup, it doesnt make sense for the empire to be able to use the turrets.

LudicrousSpeed said:

The spawn system is actually the BF series' biggest weakness as well in my opinion. I have a tendecy to spawn right in front of a tank turret or in the middle of an open field 200 meters away from my actual spawn point that I choose. Don't expect wonders from Battlefront with spawning, not even after updates, it's still kind of broken in BF 3 and 4.

As for unbalanced maps; DICE games usually have those as well, Operation Metro comes to mind, it's just a meaningless map in almost every single way and only serves to help people level up their first aid with Assault since everyone dies every 5 seconds. I wouldn't hope for much change here either.

Overall, Battlefront seems rather uninteresting to me, like a more arcade Battlefield with simplified aiming and shooting mechanics and lots of gimmicks to help it sell. It'll probably sell unbelieveable numbers though.