By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Battlefront Beta Discussion Thread [Rate the beta]

Rate the beta!

10 3 8.11%

9 5 13.51%

8 7 18.92%

7 9 24.32%

6 3 8.11%

5 2 5.41%

4 4 10.81%

3 2 5.41%

2 0 0%

1 2 5.41%

Total:37

It had some fun with it, but got bored after 2-3 hours. Walker Assault it super unbalanced, and the spawning system is broken. I had more fun in Drop Zone, but only due to the more balanced matches.

Gameplay is solid, feels like Battlefield. I didn't get to fly any vehicles, but my friend who has said it's awful, and I've heard the same from others as well so...

Sound is fantastic and so are the visuals. Those two things were nailed, minus the meh character models for rebels.

In conclusion, If I decide to get the game it will not be a full price. My friend who is a much bigger Star Wars and Battlefront fan than I, had harsher words to say than I do.

Around the Network

One of those amazing moments in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=44&v=CnqtUAg4hkw

smroadkill15 said:
It had some fun with it, but got bored after 2-3 hours. Walker Assault it super unbalanced, and the spawning system is broken. I had more fun in Drop Zone, but only due to the more balanced matches.

Gameplay is solid, feels like Battlefield. I didn't get to fly any vehicles, but my friend who has said it's awful, and I've heard the same from others as well so...

Walker Assault is better now that people have gotten used to how it actually works. I had 4 games yesterday and won them all because the team I had stopped the AT-ATs as Rebels.

Flying is fine but hard, the default is not flight stick controls. So I got confused and died alot... oddly by the time i got used to it I randomly thought "I'll change it" and then wasn't used to it anymore and died a lot. Flying is hard because generally that's what it is meant to be.

Hmm, pie.

GamechaserBE said:
One of those amazing moments in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=44&v=CnqtUAg4hkw

LMFAO thats hilarious

Great fun game. Already preordered. Doesn't feel like Battlefield.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
So, id Battlefront going to be worth $60, or as a MP only game should it sell for $40-$50 instead?

Why should it be worth less than $60? I don't understand...should single player games only also be worth less than $60?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

I find it fairly easy. After 30 matches, I got a 2.27 KD and I win 90% of my matches

Star Wars Battlefront – PS4 vs. Xbox One Graphics Comparison; PS4@900p vs. Xbox@720p Makes Quite a Difference!

''
Star Wars Battlefront is indeed one of the most optimized multi-platform titles of this generation, as well as one of the most visually impressive ones. DICE have manged to deliver a gorgeous representation of the Star Wars universe, courtesy of the hugely competent Frostbite engine and the implementation of photogrammetry and impressive lighting technologies. Providing great performance on a variety of different PC setups, while offering a 60fps experience on consoles. YouTube’s Candyland provided a video comparison between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Star Wars Battlefront, which can be viewed below.''

http://wccftech.com/star-wars-battlefront-ps4-vs-xbox-one-graphics-comparison-ps4900p-vs-xbox720p-makes-quite-a-difference/

''Digital Foundry’s analysis, reveals some impressive performance results, with the i7 4790 coupled with the R9 290X, averaging at a more than adequate 80fps at 1080p. The console versions, do an equally good job, given the limitations of their weaker hardware, striving for a 60fps experience, which for the most part, seems to be somewhat attainable. The PlayStation 4 version of the game renders at a native 1600×900 or 900p, which provides a relatively sharp image, which is then upscaled to 1080p.

According to Digital Foundry’s performance analysis of the PS4 version of Star Wars Battlefront, the console runs at the equivalent of high quality on PC:

The PS4 version runs at the equivalent to the high quality preset on PC – including settings for textures, ambient occlusion, post-processing, meshes, and ‘terrain groundcover’.

Star Wars Battlefront will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on November 19, 2015.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Played it on all three platforms, obviously the PC version was the best looking and performing. Didn't notice any difference in the console version and strangely no one uses their mics in either version. Is it just not possible?

Not sold on the game. Seems way too simplistic, like they dumbed it down a little too much. Seems like it's going to get old very quick.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Played it on all three platforms, obviously the PC version was the best looking and performing. Didn't notice any difference in the console version and strangely no one uses their mics in either version. Is it just not possible?

Not sold on the game. Seems way too simplistic, like they dumbed it down a little too much. Seems like it's going to get old very quick.

I used the mic in private chat on PS4 most of the time. But, when alone I never hear any talking... same as rocket league.