By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: climate "not healthy" for PlayStation Vita successor

@dernebel, what I said is completely accurate and you know that, nothing is wrong with what I said and if u disagree at least back up with something to counter act what I said instead of what u did. What u said comes off as someone who doesn't want anyone to say something bad about sony , which is what I read into your so called response.
also sony themselves, have said the vita is a accessory to the ps4, so how is that statement not backing up my claim, tell me that much?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Ruler said:
DerNebel said:

Nope

arguments?

What do you mean when you say a "Vita phone"? A phone with buttons and Vita specs for dedicated gaming experiences?

like the XperiaPlay model but with VitaOS that supports also more apps

Ruler said:
DerNebel said:
Ruler said:
DerNebel said:

Nope

arguments?

What do you mean when you say a "Vita phone"? A phone with buttons and Vita specs for dedicated gaming experiences?

like the XperiaPlay model but with VitaOS that supports also more apps

It also better be $0 at least or its going to super fail.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
the reason the vita was not a success like sony wanted, is because sony themselves killed the system with poor 1st support and overpriced memory cards and system. Also poor ads and deals to get ppl to buy the system, all the issues with the vita remain soley on the shoulders of sony, its just that simple.
I myself love the vita , I own the system with over 75 games, but using the excuse they keep using for the poor received vita is the mobile market is severly flawed at its core and they know that themselves.
the Nintendo 3ds has sold over 55 million systems and when its done will come close to 70 million I wager, yes its a big gap from the Nintendo ds but its still a very healthy market with the so called mobile market that sony is blaming the fate of the vita on.

The combined DS and PSP generation was 230 million the 3DS and Vita will be lucky to hit 80 million.

So the handheld market has suffered a huge contraction and while Nintendo can leverage 26 years in the handheld market Sony can't.

Expecting any new handhelds from either is foolish smartphones are simply becoming to powerful for dedicated handhelds to make sense.  

R.I.P Playstation handhelds.

Around the Network

I love my Vita, one of my all time favorite systems. I hope it keeps getting support for years to come as still a remarkably powerful handheld.

I have a novel idea. Why don't you make another XPeria Play and actually...I don't know, SUPPORT IT THIS TIME?!

kumagawa said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
the reason the vita was not a success like sony wanted, is because sony themselves killed the system with poor 1st support and overpriced memory cards and system. Also poor ads and deals to get ppl to buy the system, all the issues with the vita remain soley on the shoulders of sony, its just that simple.
I myself love the vita , I own the system with over 75 games, but using the excuse they keep using for the poor received vita is the mobile market is severly flawed at its core and they know that themselves.
the Nintendo 3ds has sold over 55 million systems and when its done will come close to 70 million I wager, yes its a big gap from the Nintendo ds but its still a very healthy market with the so called mobile market that sony is blaming the fate of the vita on.

The combined DS and PSP generation was 230 million the 3DS and Vita will be lucky to hit 80 million.

So the handheld market has suffered a huge contraction and while Nintendo can leverage 26 years in the handheld market Sony can't.

Expecting any new handhelds from either is foolish smartphones are simply becoming to powerful for dedicated handhelds to make sense.  

My point exactly. People are saying, oh why don't Sony just pull a Nintendo with their handhelds. Not to mention price subsidies in smartphones.

No gawd damned chance.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Shame but doesn't matter much for the Vita owners for the next few years, some great titles on the way for the device still and it's not lacking in the power department to pump them out at QHD resolutions too. Doesn't really require a hardware upgrade.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

JRPGfan said:

Then they spent to much on the design of it, if it needed to be sold at 250$ to make any profit.

Thats the thing to take away from this, portables cant be sold that expensive and still thrive.

Nintendo where smart, after 5 months of bad sales, they cut the price to 169$.

Well even at a relatively low price much of the mobile game console market is gone. DS and PSP were much more successful because smart phones weren't as relevant.

Sony has been in a place financially. They were in no positition to lose a fortune to get Vita off the ground. Also, as is Vita had little potential of success.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)