By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top Nintendo Creator: Link Should Be Played By a Woman in a Zelda Movie

Should Link be portrayed by a woman?

That would be ok 24 18.75%

Definitely not 56 43.75%

50 Shades of I Don't Give a Fuck 19 14.84%

I just don't want a Zeld... 29 22.66%

Total:128

But wouldnt Zelda be a girl too?

Im all for lesbian romances but that would be even weirder! LOL

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Sure, I can get behind the idea of that.

Damn.... That's hot. If only that's how it would turn out but more than likely, if they use a female actress, she'll be around the age of 10 to 14. 

Will there be a hot love scene with Zelda?

I did some research after posting this thread about a female Link, these are my results:

Conclusion: let's fucking do this.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Yes, because having a feminine male actor portray him would be far too simple and straightforward. It is only natural that a masculine female is selected for the job, to fill this void of creativity.

Only thing missing is a bearded, muscular woman portraying Ganondorf to complete the cast and ensure the most captivating end product possible.

Around the Network

Nintendo just keep raping the Zelda franchise... As if Skyward Sword and Wind Waker were not enough....

important is that link stays a boy. if he is played by a boy or girl, i dont care, but both could work well.

Soundwave said:

If Nintendo had any freaking damn common sense they would be taking a Zelda film series a helluva lot more seriously.

With the Lord of the Rings series over and Harry Potter semi-retired, there's a huge opportunity for a Zelda film series to take off like wild fire if done correctly but they'll probably fuck it up.

Marvel learned a very valuable lesson in taking their comic book franchises seriously in film form and it paid off for them big time.

Totally agree. A lot of their franchises could be adopted to movies and tv series (some as animated) to get their brand out there to the masses.

Imagine the game sales

Nintendo core gamers + new gamers buying it because it is the cool thing that everyone is talking about.

I was about to thumb this down, but “a boyish female actress" sparked my interest. Some yuri perhaps? All for it if so.

Really don't want them to make a movie at all. But don't care about the sex either way if they do. Although I hope they stick with a male Link for the games because I like it when there's the chemistry with him and Zelda, like in Skyward Sword.