By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top Nintendo Creator: Link Should Be Played By a Woman in a Zelda Movie

Should Link be portrayed by a woman?

That would be ok 24 18.75%

Definitely not 56 43.75%

50 Shades of I Don't Give a Fuck 19 14.84%

I just don't want a Zeld... 29 22.66%

Total:128

- video features Shigeru Miyamoto and A Link to the Past director/Wind Waker producer Takashi Tezuka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mXxNttAatU

- no cofirmation of any plans for a Zelda or Mario film (that we know of) though

-  Miyamoto says Mario and Luigi should be played by twins if another Super Mario Bros. movie ever gets made

- Tezuka says about Link and who he'd like to portray the character:

“It would be very fun and awesome if Link was played by a female actress, a boyish female actress,”

- it is believed that he aims for an "androgynous" depiction of Link, having a boyish woman portraying a male character to give it that image

http://kotaku.com/top-nintendo-creator-link-should-be-played-by-a-woman-1732876174?

What do you think? Are you ok with a woman portraying Link in a possible Zelda film?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Now everything makes sense. Look at Zelda U, Link is already a boyish girl. I like it, it's so subtle and gay.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I'd rather not have a live action movie at all :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

it's happened before, it'll happen again..

Japanese Legend of Zelda SNES Commercial

A live action male link would look fucking weird.
I'm all for this.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Live action Zelda would be weird.

Considering Link's appearance though, I can see why a female actress would work better, though.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Girls playing male roles is done to death. If you've ever seen a theatre production of Peter Pan, you'd know what I mean. They always have a woman playing the role of a 10 yr old boy, its as creepy as a grown man playing the role.

I am very sure they can find a young male actor to fit the role of Link just fine. I'm all for equality in all things, but the feminization of male roles is already done to death, a la female cast of Ghostbusters.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

ArchangelMadzz said:
A live action male link would look fucking weird.
I'm all for this.

A live action young boy Link wouldn't. I'm all for a young Daniel Radcliffe-esque kid/preteen/younger teen playing Link. He should be a kid anyway. None of this adult/older teen garbage.

LipeJJ said:
Now everything makes sense. Look at Zelda U, Link is already a boyish girl. I like it, it's so subtle and gay.

No no, Link in Zelda U is a woman, remember? Some folks even swear they see breasts on her in a screencap!

Ehh, in concept I wouldn't care. 

That being said they should turn this:

into this:

Live Action of a video game or a movie is, from what I've seen, 9 times out of ten a bad idea.

Now that I think about I'm suprised there hasn't at least been toon Link shorts