By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top Nintendo Creator: Link Should Be Played By a Woman in a Zelda Movie

Should Link be portrayed by a woman?

That would be ok 24 18.75%

Definitely not 56 43.75%

50 Shades of I Don't Give a Fuck 19 14.84%

I just don't want a Zeld... 29 22.66%

Total:128

Link = Justin Bieber

Link's mother = Ellen

Around the Network

How about, not make a live action movie. Cause they'll just screw it up.

AbbathTheGrim said:

I did some research after posting this thread about a female Link, these are my results:

Conclusion: let's fucking do this.

This must be Tezuka's fetish.

And I don't blame him.

He is a boy in the games so he should be portrayed by a boy around 14-17. Anything else would be wrong, imo.

Spike0503 said:
He is a boy in the games so he should be portrayed by a boy around 14-17. Anything else would be wrong, imo.

He's supposed to be a ten year old, so it'd be weird to cast someone in their mid-teens for the role.

Around the Network

Why do you need a boyish looking girl to play Link when there are thousands of girlie looking boys to play it?

It seems if Link is supposed to be a boy with somewhat feminine features, it seems like the most logical thing would be to cast a boy with somewhat feminine features.

That being said, I wouldn't mind Link actually being a female in a game or a movie. No reason all of Link's descendants/reincarnations have to be male.

mZuzek said:
noname2200 said:
Spike0503 said:

He's supposed to be a ten year old, so it'd be weird to cast someone in their mid-teens for the role.

...I was going to reply to this, but you know... never mind.

?

mZuzek said:
noname2200 said:

?

...sigh.

Link is not "supposed" to be a ten year old. Link has had various different reincarnations, and at the time of each one's mission (aka the games), their age has ranged pretty much anywhere between 10-18.

...I was going to reply to this, but you know... never mind.

noname2200 said:
Spike0503 said:

I think a 10-year old would be too young to play a decent action role, maybe 13-15?. I still think that the character should be played by a male though.