By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RubberWhistleHistle: PS4 to sell 80M, Wii U to sell 55M, X1 to sell 38.7M lifetime

Horrible prediction...

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
naruball said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Holy shit, you guys need to work on your sarcasm detectors.

I thought "I used calculus" would've given it away but I guess not xD

There are good sarcasm threads and there are bad ones. I prefer Rol's. He puts some effort into them and they're actually funny.

You prefer Rol threads? Lol. That's original. He sure has become the Sony of VGC. He does absolutely no wrong and is perfect in every way.

I guess Rol is the PS4, and I'm just the Wii U.

I've actually expressed my disagreements with Rol several times. I simply stated that his joke threads are actually funny. But don't mind me, keep making assumptions about people.

DerNebel said:
Worse than Pachters prediction

Why don't you try to analyze the market. It's not as easy as it might seem. 

So your analysis makes you think the wiiu will all of a sudden get a huge surge in sales even thou the nx is coming?   

And ps4 sales will fall flat even thou is selling more than last year at the same price?

Go home your drunk.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

In what universe?

Last generarion we saw the biggest spike in sales that we are ever going to see, so it is safe to say that this generation will have totals that are considerably less 

As for the PS4, it is pacing a bit below the Wii did, and will probably last on the market for about 6 years. The peak year for this system will be 2016. Do math and extrapolate numbers, and you will get something that is around 80M units.

As far as Wii U is concerned, I think people are really starting to see the magic. With Splatoon and Super Mario Maker exceeding people's expectations, I think we are likely to see a pretty big spike next year, and when it's all said and done, this console will top out somewhere between 50 and 55 million units sold. 2017 will be it's peak year.

Xbox one has the roughest go of things though, unfortunately. With the rising popularity of tablets and idevices, people aren't really going to see the need or appeal for Xbox one. Football season is starting, and everybody can already watch football on their smartphones, so this system is really only going to appeal to the dedicated fans who want to watch football AND play halo. 

I'm a damn good market analyst if I don't say so myself

LOL I don't know if you're trollin or just trollin but Wii U 55 Millions ? Yeah, and the VITA will make a comeback and will sell over 100 Millions, lel!

Here is my prediction:

PS4: 55-60 Millions - the end of 2017

XB1: 30-40 Millions - the end of 2017

Wii U: 16-20 Millions - the end of 2017.

Like seriously, it's over 3 years and the wii u still on the 10M mark. Wii U is as "colapes" as much as da Vita, buddy XD!

Around the Network

Satire, I assume.

I think overall this generation will sell less consoles BUT the PS4 will clearly take the lions share of sales. So, the PS4 won't sell as much as the PS2 but will sell a little more than the PS1.

PS4: 115m - 120m (could be higher if PSVR takes off)
XB1: 60m - 65m
WiiU: 30m - 35m (If NX doesn't release too early)

The PS5 Exists. 

Tagging for a read later. Biochemistry tho, that got a good early chuckle from me so looking forwards to getting to digest all of this thread later on.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

the_dark_lewd said:
Satire, I assume.

Your avatar is my face in this thread lol, I actually don't think it's meant to be.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Wii tracked higher but fell in later years because of a lack of software, safe to assume ps4 won't lose multiplats so if wii u sells 45 mill more, ps4 will sell way more than 55 mill