By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RubberWhistleHistle: PS4 to sell 80M, Wii U to sell 55M, X1 to sell 38.7M lifetime

I would say this is a very poor analysis and that I probably could do better by pulling numbers out my ass.

With that said I have made many predictions over the years and nearly all of them are pretty much in the right ballpark.

Also the last console you want to compare the PS4 to for sales trajectory is the Wii. I think it is obvious why. They will have completly different sales curves.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Why are people taking this thread seriously? Has vivster seriously damaged your sarcasm detectors beyond repair?

Also, your Xbox One prediction is off by half a million units.
You forgot about SmartGlass.

Your Wii U prediction is also off by ten million units. Apparently, you forgot to take into account the Wave function and to plug it into the biochemistry part. It explains why the Wii U has not done well at thus point, because we keep observing it.
Once people stop observing how badly the Wii U is doing, it will suddenly do better. That's like electrons passing through two slots and acting like waves.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

You're wrong, dead wrong!....... X1 will top out at 38.9M.

Oh come on! Those numbers looked totally realistic until you went completely overboard and predicted way too many sales for PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I think you're sarcastic,if we want for example to go bold for the wii u as of now,is to say that it will sell 22m+ and outsell gamecube,but that needs radical price drops!
Now it can hit 15-16m and with some luck(or one price cut 17-19m)NX has been teased,wii u will be replaced in 2017 and Nintendo doesn't try a lot to help the wii u(they haven't even cut its price lol)...A nice move would be to lure some 3DS owners,with a deal,are you a 3DS owner?Buy a cheaper wii u by 50-100$!:P
I consider myself optimistic,so one time before NX tease I was about 20-22m for the wii u or 23.5-25.5m with two big price drops,I fell to 15-18m after NX tease and the bold scenario fell to 20-22m...So if you're serious,then there are more optimistic Nintendo fans than me but of course you're kidding and don't mean all that at all,because there would be a problem,come on people don't overeact and misinterpret the thread!:P

Around the Network

PS4 will sell AT LEAST 100M units in it's lifetime. People can deny it all they want, but Wii fell flat after it's first 4 years. It may have sold respectably, but it wasn't a sales powerhouse anymore by that point. Let's not forget the Wii was tracking well above the PS2 in it's first few years and was expected to eventually outsell it. Never came close. Just because PS4 isn't currently tracking above Wii doesn't change the fact that it will continue to grow through 2017, and will have a much longer lifespan than the Wii. PS4 is already passed the 25M threshold, not even two years, with only a handful of heavy hitters, and several more coming in the next couple of years. Just the fact that you're predicting the Wii-U will somehow sell more than XB1 shows how wrong your predictions are. The Wii-U's has already recieved it's heaviest hitting exclusives with only 1 more on the cards (2 if you're optimistic and want to throw Starfox into that), and has had to claw it's way to 10M after almost 3 years. Nintendo is already looking into new hardware. The chances of Wii-U seeing much more support passed Zelda U's release are extremely slim. There's just no way in the hell the system can sell another 10M units, let alone 45M.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Remember guys :

Users of vg chatz no like this!