By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the quickest you've returned/traded-in a game?

LBP3, 2 days.

Around the Network

I never return games. Even if they're crappy, they go right on the bookshelf with the rest of the collection.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

I've returned Sticker Star  4 days after I bought it! Best gaming decision I've ever made.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The Fury said:
I don't think I've ever returned a game, mainly because I didn't really know you could. Now traded in, that's a different matter. Quickest is trading in FIFA 15, I got it with my PS4, I walked from one store to another and traded it in. So about 5 minutes.

Returned means getting your money back while gaming seems to be funny that way, there has to be a legitimate reason for the return to get the money back and the game just not being to your liking sometimes isn't enough.

Oh I know what returned means. I've been able to return every game I've ever wanted to return, no problem. From physical to digital downloads, there's nothing I can't return >:3

but perhaps trade in is a bit more fitting?

Hiku said:

You were 12 when you stopped playing Zelda 2, and now you're 18 years old.
So was the fastest you've ever returned to a game you didn't like around 6 years?

For me I think it was Diablo 3.
I got the game at launch i 2012, and it turns out it was aweful. I tried to like it for a couple of months, but then I gave up.
Two years later, the Reaper of Souls expansion came out, and from the looks and sound of things, it seemed good.
So I had to make a decision. Either I let my $60 investment go to waste forever, or I invest another $12 (that's how cheap I found a ROS upgrade code for) and potentially get a good game at last. I decided to take that chance, and I didn't regret it. I played the game on and off since then. But it's now finally a good game worth my investement.

The quickest I returned to a game I didn't like was probably Final Fantasy 12. I got it for $8 brand new at this retro game shop. No one was buying their FF12's so I got one and thought it was a good deal due to the brand new condition of the game (this was probably 3 years ago).  I tried playing it and didn't understand the battle system so I gave up on the game and ignored it for probably a year. Figured out the battle system a little later and fell in love with the game  Similar incident happened to me with Shin Megami Tensei IV

and at least you made it worth your investment!

Around the Network

I never return games, but I did manage to sell my copy of The Simpsons Game for the Wii recently after around 5-6 years of owning that POS. So I guess 6 years is the quickest I've traded-in a game then?

Cod 4, returned it later that day cause it didn't work, probably about an hour later.  I later learned the game was fine but my 360 scratched it.

I have shelves and shelves of games. Some are total crap. Some games I haven't even opened. The only games I remember returning in recent history are:

Velvet Assassin: it was broken and glitchy.
Killzone 3: it was just so generic and it still held its resale value
Super Smash Bros for WiiU: Didn't really want it. Just wasn't my style of game. (I returned SSB Melee, too. I kept Brawl because of its awesome co op mode).

Used Killzone to get $30 credit on Red Dead Redemption (which was only $30 so....SCORE!)

Used SSB to preorder Until Dawn and Gears Ultimate Edition. Also SCORE!

Hiku said:
StarOcean said:

The quickest I returned to a game I didn't like was probably Final Fantasy 12. I got it for $8 brand new at this retro game shop. No one was buying their FF12's so I got one and thought it was a good deal due to the brand new condition of the game (this was probably 3 years ago).  I tried playing it and didn't understand the battle system so I gave up on the game and ignored it for probably a year. Figured out the battle system a little later and fell in love with the game  Similar incident happened to me with Shin Megami Tensei IV

and at least you made it worth your investment!

That reminds me, I also took a long break from FF12, but I don't know if my reason for disliking it is a legitimate reason relevant to this topic.
Partially it was because I got burned out on thoroughly exploring big open areas, as I always feel compelled to do so. But the main reason I didn't return to the game was that I associated it with some bad times (break up with ex). So every time I heard the game's music, I would get the same feeling I had then.
It was in 2007 that I stopped playing the game. I returned to it a few years later, when the game no longer invoked those feelings. I can't remember the exact year though. But I'm pretty sure it was either 2009 or 2010.

Curious though, did you have Gambit turned on or off for the main character you controlled?

Ah that sucks. Yeah sometimes games can suffer when they're associated with bad memories v.v I've been left by a gf everytime I've played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time... I swear that game is cursed e.e I haven't played it in years because of it v.v XD

When I first played the Gambits were off but when I retried it a year later I gave him Gambits. I felt like giving them all Gambits made the game more fun for whatever reason

Even the bad games I own, I keep. They may have some redeeming factor of zero return value. A "meh" game? A game that doesn't engage me at all? It It's still worth $30, I'll use it to get something I want. Velvet Assassin just made me so mad, it had to go.