By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the quickest you've returned/traded-in a game?

Final Fantasy 13 2 - Same day
Resident Evil 6 - 1 day
Dark Souls - 1 day

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
I remember I bought Fallout 3 back in 2011 as my first Fallout game and didn't like it. I don't remember why but I just didn't so I think I returned it after a few days.

I ended up playing Fallout: New Vegas in 2014 though and absolutely loved that game so I imagine if I were to replay Fallout 3 right now i'd probably love it now. Maybe I just didn't get a good impression of it back then.

It is probably because Fallout NV has way better shooting mechanics than Fallout 3. You would probably like Fallout 3 if you played it again though. I do not think there is any way to love Fallout NV and hate Fallout 3. I personally much preferred NV due to its superior mechanics.

Hiku said:
StarOcean said:

Ah that sucks. Yeah sometimes games can suffer when they're associated with bad memories v.v I've been left by a gf everytime I've played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time... I swear that game is cursed e.e I haven't played it in years because of it v.v XD

When I first played the Gambits were off but when I retried it a year later I gave him Gambits. I felt like giving them all Gambits made the game more fun for whatever reason

Yeah, they don't even neccisarily have to be bad memories. For example, I associate a lot of things (mainly the music) from Kingdom Hearts 1 and Final Fantasy X-2 with a certain period of my life with certain people. They were good times, and I get nostalgic some times when I'm reminded of them, and miss those times. It has a similar effect on me as the situation with FF 12 that I described. So it's a bad feeling derrived from good memories. lol

Yeah, I started using Gambit for my main character fairly early on, since it was set to On by default, and I figured there would be a purpose for that.
For your allies, it's basically to make them do what you want them to do. But I found that when I set Gambit for my main character, it was just to take care of tedious actions that I didn't neccesarily want to perform. Mainly pressing X to Attack. You do that so many times that I don't mind it being automatic some times. And if I ever felt like doing it manually, I always could since any command you issue ovverides the Gambit.
Another thing was stealing rare from enemies. It could take a long time to do it, so I'd set everyone to Steal when the enemy's HP was 100%. But once it was stolen, I would press X once to attack, which triggered the Gambit command in all of us that said Attack if enemy's HP is below 95%.

It was a pretty nice system.

Speaking of Star Ocean (your name), I began playing Star Ocean 4 in 2012, got about 40% through it, and then stopped playing until February this year, when I beat it. Unfortunitely. I ended up regretting the time I spent playing the game this year (40+ hours). But I still have high hopes for Star Ocean 5, as I liked Star Ocean 3, so I hope I'll end up liking 5 a lot more than I did Star Ocean 4.

Yeah I understand! I've also got good memories associated with some of my games as well

And yeah that was a similar tactic I've used for getting certain items as well. However some enemies drop rates are so low it discouraged me from doing it for too long x.x

Oh yeah? Never played SO4 actually. I've been playing through the 3rd and 1st one. My fave is definitely the 3rd one too. I hope 5 is good XD