By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the quickest you've returned/traded-in a game?

RavenXtra said:
I rarely ever return games, but I did make an exception and returned Skyrim for the PS3 within a week of owning it.

Curious, what didn't you like about it?

On my end, one of my most recent memory was buying Parappa Da Rappa on PSVita from the PSN and realized the game is utterly unplayable on Normal difficulty. That would be fine with me, because I stuck with Easy and I could actually beat some levels. But then you learn the game won't let you past the first three stages and I was like "Yeah, **** that". That was the only game I ever asked for a refund on PSN (and I got it to my surprise). 

Around the Network

For me it was also Zelda II strangely enough (although on the NES). I absolutely hated it but unlike the OP I still do and view it as overrated dreck to this day.

RavenXtra said:
I rarely ever return games, but I did make an exception and returned Skyrim for the PS3 within a week of owning it.

I wanted to after I got my copy of Skyrim on PS3. I started the game, it was fine, I was starting to get into it and was 3 hours in when suddenly I realized I couldn't save. I looked it up and apparently the PS3 version has a save glitch and I was unlucky enough to get it my first time playing... so I had to restart everything from scratch. I lost my motivation and haven't gotten past the beginning since

bouzane said:
For me it was also Zelda II strangely enough (although on the NES). I absolutely hated it but unlike the OP I still do and view it as overrated dreck to this day.

Though it is definitely not my favorite Zelda, I've never seen it as overrated. Is it highly regarded amongst a lot of people?

yoscrafty said:
RavenXtra said:

Curious, what didn't you like about it?

I would imagine it has something to do with the fact that the PS3 version is, by far, the most inferior version of Skyrim. It's the buggiest and worst optimized version a person could lay their hands on.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
bouzane said:

Though it is definitely not my favorite Zelda, I've never seen it as overrated. Is it highly regarded amongst a lot of people?

Not particularly but any praise is too much for such a mediocre game. It kills me how millions of people play it just because it is Zelda but superior titles from the era get overlooked.

bouzane said:
StarOcean said:

Not particularly but any praise is too much for such a mediocre game. It kills me how millions of people play it just because it is Zelda but superior titles from the era get overlooked.

Yeah, there are interesting titles I've always wanted to play from that era. But sadly a lot of the ones I want to try from then are super rare and expensive now like Crystalis and Dragon Warrior 3

Took my chances and bought a pig in a poke, Dead to Rights II it was for Xbox, so horrible game I couldn't play it for more than 30 minutes before trading it back. Lost about 30€, but I got Oddworld: Strangers Wrath which turned out to be a good game.

I returned my pre-order for Duke Nukem Forever the week before the game released. Picked it up a few months later for $5. Safe to say returning the pre-order was a great idea!

LuckyTrouble said:
Dying Light. I played it for maybe 30 or 40 minutes before deciding the parkour controls were the laziest things to ever grace a video game. Rather than learning a frustrating system, I resold the game ASAP and said screw it.

This sounds very ironic