By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami Is Done With AAA Console Games; Tech Director Quits

I bet you that survey was just to double check what games to keep porting to everything. They wouldn't sell the rights. They just port MGS3 to every device with a screen, at some point.

Around the Network

I just hope Konami doesn't decide to keep the Metal Gear Solid franchise like Activision wants to keep the Crash Bandicoot IP.

I'm mostly sad for Silent Hill. To think we may never get an AAA entry ever again is disheartening.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Konami are going to keep their IP to base mobile and pachinko machines. I think that several other big publishers will follow this path as well.

Soundwave said:

For a game with an $80 million dollar budget, they're probably not that happy with MGSV's sales. I'm sure it probably had a solid opening in most markets, but it's also likely dropping like a rock after that. I'm not sure it will get much past 700k in Japan. 

Well that simply doesn't add up.  If they shipped over 3 million for launch, then they brought in 180 million in revenue.  The game will prbably wind up doing a leat a quarter billion in sales this year.  Then of course they have DLC and microstransactions worth at teast another 50 to 100 million.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Xxain said:

Bomberman is not an AAA title

Doesnt matter - the fact that they wont do homegrown AAA IPs mean they most absolutely wont be working on Bomberman :(!

SOMEONE SAVE BOMBERMAN :O

Wrong. This is not some step ladder. They are no longer  interested in budgets associated with AAA development, it just means that on consoles expect B class or lower. Thats fine, because outside of MGS and PES that is where all KONAMI IP's fall.

KLXVER said:
What happened to their survey of which games we want to see from them?

I hope you'll look forward to playing Castlevania V on your phone!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

SamuelRSmith said:
Jim Sterling won!

I doubt he is happy about this. He hates Konami a business, not as a provider of game content. Konami isn't exactly losing money because they aren't making AAA games. Literally the only people who lose out in this are gamers.

Xxain said:
Thats fine. Ask yourself- outside of MGS what AAA games does Konami have?

Castlevania -We love it NOT AAA
Suikoden - Always been leagues behind JRPG bar
Contra - Arcade run n Gun
Silent Hill - always B class budget

KONAMI HAS NEVER BEEN A 'AAA' DEVELOPER. EVER!!!

Most of KONAMI IP's are arcade games that dont require AAA Budget!!!!. Do you guys even know KONAMI? Whats the problem?

Didn't you make a thread about that Konami game survey? We told mothing good will happen. 

They won't sell their IPs; they need something to sell those mobile and panchinko games.

Mirson said:
Xxain said:
Thats fine. Ask yourself- outside of MGS what AAA games does Konami have?

Castlevania -We love it NOT AAA
Suikoden - Always been leagues behind JRPG bar
Contra - Arcade run n Gun
Silent Hill - always B class budget

KONAMI HAS NEVER BEEN A 'AAA' DEVELOPER. EVER!!!

Most of KONAMI IP's are arcade games that dont require AAA Budget!!!!. Do you guys even know KONAMI? Whats the problem?

Didn't you make a thread about that Konami game survey? We told mothing good will happen. 

They won't sell their IPs; they need something to sell those mobile and panchinko games.

i thought PES is one of their great IPs. and i believe 2016 version is better on PES compared to Fifa's. but we know that Fifa would still sell a ton.