By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami Is Done With AAA Console Games; Tech Director Quits

Mirson said:
Xxain said:
Thats fine. Ask yourself- outside of MGS what AAA games does Konami have?

Castlevania -We love it NOT AAA
Suikoden - Always been leagues behind JRPG bar
Contra - Arcade run n Gun
Silent Hill - always B class budget

KONAMI HAS NEVER BEEN A 'AAA' DEVELOPER. EVER!!!

Most of KONAMI IP's are arcade games that dont require AAA Budget!!!!. Do you guys even know KONAMI? Whats the problem?

Didn't you make a thread about that Konami game survey? We told mothing good will happen. 

They won't sell their IPs; they need something to sell those mobile and panchinko games.

You just glazed right over my post. Outside of this post, no energy will be wasted you if you plan to take that route.

Around the Network

Konami took the easy way out: Pachinko and smartphone games.

BasilZero said:
Xxain said:

Wrong. This is not some step ladder. They are no longer  interested in budgets associated with AAA development, it just means that on consoles expect B class or lower. Thats fine, because outside of MGS and PES that is where all KONAMI IP's fall.

So you think they'll make a new Bomberman game?

I dont know what KONAMI has in store for the future. Only hint is that survey. KONAMI is saying "were not making games like SH: Downpour, MGS, LoS, ext" and thats fine. A phenomenal Castlevania, Contra, Suikoden, Silent Hill, Bomberman ext dont need those budgets.

Bloodstained is being made on a, what, 5 mill budget? Why is everybody trippin?  

Xxain said:
Mirson said:

Didn't you make a thread about that Konami game survey? We told mothing good will happen. 

They won't sell their IPs; they need something to sell those mobile and panchinko games.

You just glazed right over my post. Outside of this post, no energy will be wasted you if you plan to take that route.

Geez bro, I'm at work and on mobile. I do glaze over most comments. Konami has a lot of IPs inactive and doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon. Just look at their games in development or TGS. This news also doesn't bond well for Metal Gear Online unless it makes a decent profit.

Ain't even mad

Around the Network

Looking forward to playing Snake: MGS Edition on my phone.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

in the end we are to be blamed not Konami. We didnt buy their games,
well at least i did with Yu Gi Oh! and MGS5 for PS4 which are some of the best games this Gen

Ruler said:

well at least i did with Yu Gi Oh! and MGS5 for PS4 which are some of the best games this Gen

Kojima is to blame.

He had an affair with Konami Chairman's wife and doomed us all. I'd too destroy my own company if one of my most valuable assets did that to my wife.

Ruler said:

I woud have bought a non-linear Castlevania game, Contra or Mystical Ninja but they didn't give me those games so....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

And obviously they're going to insist on clinging to their franchises to release shitty mobile games and pachinko machines with them, letting them die a painful and slow death instead of at least selling them off to creators who want to work with them.

To say it the Jim Sterling way: #FucKonami