By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star fox Zero delayed till Q1 2016

Nem said:
KLXVER said:

Im relaxed. Ive come to terms with Nintendo focusing on the NX instead. Thank god for the PS4.

I think you're getting head of yourself and having nultiple system if you are a gamer is only natural. No one system would ever be enough for me. ^^

No, but the WiiU wouldnt be enough for a casual gamer at this point...

Around the Network

Platinum Game is probably too busy with Scalebound and Nier 2 to allocate time to SF0

Jon-Erich said:
Poliwrathlord said:

So what's gonna be the big game for Wii U this holiday? I hope not it's Mario Tennis...

I guess they'll be banking on Xenoblade Chronicles X. It is a risky move. Nobody since the 1990's has relied on an RPG game to sell consoles during the holidays.

You probably mean JRPG.

Skyrim was a magical time for 360/PS3

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Jon-Erich said:

I guess they'll be banking on Xenoblade Chronicles X. It is a risky move. Nobody since the 1990's has relied on an RPG game to sell consoles during the holidays.

You probably mean JRPG.

Skyrim was a magical time for 360/PS3

and Fallout 4 will probably be big this year for PS4 and XB1.

ryuzaki57 said:
Platinum Game is probably too busy with Scalebound and Nier 2 to allocate time to SF0

Scalebound really looks in worse shape with the terrible framerate. By comparison, SF0 was coasting along at 60fps

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

This was the right decission. Hope they bring us the best Star Fox game possible

PAOerfulone said:

Honestly, I fail to see why character faces are that important.

And it doesn't need to be bundled with any of those games.
If it's gonna remove it's "niche" nametag and stand alone as a legit AAA franchise for Nintendo.
It needs to do just that, do it alone.
And to do that, they need to market the hell out of it. Same way they've been doing with all their big time Wii U titles since Mario Kart 8.
I remember back when almost nobody outside of Nintendo Fan forms knew about Splatoon and those people said Splatoon was gonna bomb and barely reach Wonderful 101 numbers.
One fantastic marketing campaign later... Look where it is now. And it didn't need Mario or co. to do it, it did it by itself
Xenoblade has the advantage of having a preestablished fanbase. Now it needs huge marketing to extend that fanbase exponetially.
A Xenoblade stand alone bundle + $50 price cut world certainly help things as well

THIS; SOOO MUCH THIS. FINALLY SOMEONE WHO HAS SOMETHING INSIDED THEIR HEAD :)

Really interesting thread to read guys.

This forum is so much better when people don't bring their BS Sony/Nintendo bait.

Hope Nintendo adds a Kid Icarus like online MP to this game.

I hope that the Xenoblade Chronicles X localization team gets their shit together to have it ready for Black Friday. The positive consequence could be that they give XCX the marketing push that it deserves.

Star Fox is one of the Nintendo franchises I don't really care about.

episteme said:

I hope that the Xenoblade Chronicles X localization team gets their shit together to have it ready for Black Friday. The positive consequence could be that they give XCX the marketing push that it deserves.

Star Fox is one of the Nintendo franchises I don't really care about.

^totally agreed