By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star fox Zero delayed till Q1 2016

Bofferbrauer said:
KLXVER said:

Ding Ding Ding! I think we have a winner!

Ain't Pokken Tournament and Pikmin 4 releasing in that Timeframe?

Also, I just think it's because Nintendo is one of the very few videogame companies that take quality control seriously. I can't remember any Nintendo game being a bugfest. And delaying one of their biggest holiday titles to 2016 just shows they actually have the balls to push back a game to make sure it will be great at release. I wish EA/Activision/Ubisoft/any other publisher, really had these balls too instead of christmas-rushing bugfests every single year.

Anyway, the 2016 lineup is shaping up pretty good that way too. Starfox, Pikmin 4, Pokken Tournament, Zelda Wii U, SMTxFE (in the west), those are pretty big titles already. Along with yet unannounced games, this could actually become a great year for the Wii U.

I didn't see that, but yes that would be pretty solid year for Wii U.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Bofferbrauer said:

Wait, what? Who ever said in 2012 XCX was almost done? It was very clear to me back then that it wouldn't release before 2014.

Of course you did...

I sincerely doubt he thought the game was nearly finished in 2012 when it wasn't announced until 2013 :P

On one hand - good, cause the game looked bad.

On the other hand - now Wii U really has nothing this Christmas.

Hopefully they delay it more, and should the NX release next year in September/October, we can get a Star Fox everyone wants.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Nuvendil said:
KLXVER said:

Of course you did...

I sincerely doubt he thought the game was nearly finished in 2012 when it wasn't announced until 2013 :P

Fair enough. January 2013 then...

He was still a year off though. So Pikmin 4 might be Q1 2017...

KLXVER said:
Nuvendil said:

I said "wouldn't release before 2014", which is still correct. :p

To be fair, I expected an holiday 2014 release when it got announced, but the E3 2014 trailer made it clear it would miss that date (no ingame scenes) beause it was not close to finished back then. If it was, the video footage would have reflected that. Also, no one said back then it was close to finished.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
KLXVER said:

I said "wouldn't release before 2014", which is still correct. :p

To be fair, I expected an holiday 2014 release when it got announced, but the E3 2014 trailer made it clear it would miss that date (no ingame scenes) beause it was not close to finished back then. If it was, the video footage would have reflected that. Also, no one said back then it was close to finished.

People speculated that it would be released that year. Just like every other title. So giving me a list of WiiU games coming in 2016 is pointless...

Man, we are really really needing a direct soon...

My current Wii U game list:

My current 3DS game list:

HOLLY...YES. CLEVER MOVE NINTENDO. with all the games releasing by the end of this year A LOT of people would have missed out on Star Fox since Xenoblade is obviously a better game (atm), now Nintendo can push BOTH Xenoblade AND Star Fox properly with marketing, so that both games are 1M+ sellers for shure

KLXVER said:
Nem said:

I have a sugestion on how to use the two screens... don't! Just have it be a fun second camera for challenge runs. Keep the controls classic. >.<

Err... Zelda? Pikmin 4? Pokken tournament? Those are all likelier bigger than Starfox.

I can just feel that optimism coming from you. Chill, the sky isnt falling.

Im relaxed. Ive come to terms with Nintendo focusing on the NX instead. Thank god for the PS4.

I think you're getting head of yourself and having nultiple system if you are a gamer is only natural. No one system would ever be enough for me. ^^

Hopefully XCX will be moved forward to replace Star Fox.