By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: The Taken King Review Thread (Meta 85 with 60 reviews)

Cobretti2 said:
UltimateUnknown said:

That is literally what the legendary edition is, expect they are throwing in the vanilla Destiny as free. Here's a small breadown:

Vanilla Destiny=$60

DLC 1 (Dark Below)=$20

DLC2 (House of Wolves)=$20

Taken King=$40

Legendary Edition Destiny=$60 (Includes everything above)

So if you bought DLC 1+DLC 2+Taken King separately because you already have vanilla Destiny, it would cost you $80. So rather than doing that they're just giving you Legendary Edition which costs $60 and saves you $20 plus throws in the vanilla Destiny game as well. If you only have the original game the Legendary Edition is the best option because it saves you $20 and includes all the DLC released so far.

I understand what you are saying, but what I am saying is by throwing the vanilla destiny in for free it basically makes the $125 disc I own useless i.e. $125 in cash down a sinkhole. Who would buy that of me now  when a much better cheaper full version is avaialble lol?

If for $99  hereyou get the legendary edition they should judt offer another option where taken king + the two DLC for say $50. This way at least the vanilla destiny game still has some sort of value to it.

Well unfortunately that's how it goes. The value of most games (apart from Nintendo ones) depreciates rapidly over time. The vanilla destiny game was going to be the same, so they just decided to give newcomers a good deal.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
Cobretti2 said:

I understand what you are saying, but what I am saying is by throwing the vanilla destiny in for free it basically makes the $125 disc I own useless i.e. $125 in cash down a sinkhole. Who would buy that of me now  when a much better cheaper full version is avaialble lol?

If for $99  hereyou get the legendary edition they should judt offer another option where taken king + the two DLC for say $50. This way at least the vanilla destiny game still has some sort of value to it.

Well unfortunately that's how it goes. The value of most games (apart from Nintendo ones) depreciates rapidly over time. The vanilla destiny game was going to be the same, so they just decided to give newcomers a good deal.

yep thats fine giving them a new deal but existing customers they should offer the option to get everything without the game on a disc for much less. so the original disc is not devalued to $0 lol. 

New reviews add... updating.

It will reach 90 soon.

IGN is streaming their first go through the new raid. Looks interesting so far.

Added

Going up.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
IGN is streaming their first go through the new raid. Looks interesting so far.

For more Destiny streams...

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Destiny

Over 100,000 people currently watching.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

A bad review.

8/10 from Toronto Sun

"One of the biggest criticisms levelled against Destiny from day one was its lack of a coherent storyline. The Taken King addresses that in a big way, with a dramatic opening cinematic, an easily understood narrative (very bad alien is assembling very large slave army to take over the solar system) and lots of lovely little character moments. "

This is the biggest Raid in Destiny because no team finished it yet.

Even VoG was faster.

ethomaz said:
New reviews add... updating.

It will reach 90 soon.

I don´t think so...

But does that in any way or form deminished your enjoyment of the game?

Loving it so far, played at least 30 hours since Tuesday.

Tried running raid with 3 people. Don't think it's possible. After the jumping puzzles, I think you need at least 4, but have yet to have the numbers to attempt.

Will hopefully be running tomorrow.

=)