By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: The Taken King Review Thread (Meta 85 with 60 reviews)

ethomaz said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

A bad review.

8/10 from Toronto Sun

"One of the biggest criticisms levelled against Destiny from day one was its lack of a coherent storyline. The Taken King addresses that in a big way, with a dramatic opening cinematic, an easily understood narrative (very bad alien is assembling very large slave army to take over the solar system) and lots of lovely little character moments. "

Right, Metro Central review is gone in... it is by David Jenkins. He is a complete asshat so I wouldn't worry about it. He only gives Nintendo games good scores consistently. It is just a pity that it brought the score down by so much. It really is not representative of the quality of the game. I have always felt his reviews don't belong on metacritic. 

Around the Network

84 now with 12 reviews, time for a title update!

Ka-pi96 said:
ethomaz said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

A bad review.

8/10 from Toronto Sun

"One of the biggest criticisms levelled against Destiny from day one was its lack of a coherent storyline. The Taken King addresses that in a big way, with a dramatic opening cinematic, an easily understood narrative (very bad alien is assembling very large slave army to take over the solar system) and lots of lovely little character moments. "

8/10 = bad now? So a 9/10 game is only mediocre?

Gotta consider the user and the game being discussed.  9 would still be a little unfairly judged I am sure.

Neodegenerate said:
84 now with 12 reviews, time for a title update!

I was all day out brought a new pick up truck for me.

Tomorrow new updates.

Id update the thread for you, but I saw that you added each review to the OP and Im too lazy to do that

Up to 85 after 22 reviews. 9 points higher than the original base game.

Around the Network

85 is a good score. I wanna buy, but the DLC shenanigans are making me hesitate. Waiting on a sale I guess.

There is a 70 because the price... that is what making it down to 85... all the others reviews has a meta avg. 89.

ethomaz said:
New reviews add... updating.

It will reach 90 soon.

:^)

ethomaz said:
There is a 70 because the price... that is what making it down to 85... all the others reviews has a meta avg. 89.

His review should be retracted... it is obvious he didn't play the raid and probably not much of the story...

Bryank75 said:
ethomaz said:

His review should be retracted... it is obvious he didn't play the raid and probably not much of the story...

All early reviews should be, shouldn't they?