By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny: The Taken King Review Thread (Meta 85 with 60 reviews)

walsufnir said:
Bryank75 said:

His review should be retracted... it is obvious he didn't play the raid and probably not much of the story...

All early reviews should be, shouldn't they?

Not if I agree with them... I am judge judy and executioner. 

Around the Network
Bryank75 said:
walsufnir said:

All early reviews should be, shouldn't they?

"I agree with people who judge a game early because what they say is true because I like what they say". Ok, understood.

walsufnir said:
Bryank75 said:

"I agree with people who judge a game early because what they say is true because I like what they say". Ok, understood.

:P

Its a pretty solid game, I would say I enjoy it a lot. I never played destiny so I love the soundtrack, everything sounds amazing, maybe its just because I'm using the ps4 gold headset I just got. The story or lack of is the downpoint but I didn't start the taken king quests yet.

NavyNut said:
Its a pretty solid game, I would say I enjoy it a lot. I never played destiny so I love the soundtrack, everything sounds amazing, maybe its just because I'm using the ps4 gold headset I just got. The story or lack of is the downpoint but I didn't start the taken king quests yet.

You are entering destiny at an amazing time. If you bought the US$ 60 dollar edition there is the vanilla game, the two DLC's (not gonna call them expantions, I refuse to do it) and The Taken King expansion. This is a huge amount of things to do. I belive the total is around 40 story missions, 10 strikes, 4 raids (considering prision of elders as one, although it is not), lots of PVP modes and maps and 9 combinations of classes/subclasses.

I hope you enjoy the game, despite all the bad comments I love it.

Around the Network
NavyNut said:

Btw, don't know if you had the chance to do The Vault Of Glass raid yet, you should definetly do it, even if you have to use LFG. It is one of my most memorable experiences in gaming ever.

NavyNut said:

What you should do is consider the game before the Taken King as like an orientation to the world... getting to know the planets and enemies etc. Then when you hit the Taken King content the real fun begins. If you need help just add me... my PSN is same as my name.

Vincoletto said:
NavyNut said:

Btw, don't know if you had the chance to do The Vault Of Glass raid yet, you should definetly do it, even if you have to use LFG. It is one of my most memorable experiences in gaming ever.

Totally agree, it is a monumental experience and has a unique flavour to it. 

How to I do The Vault of Glass raid ? Anyways started the taken king quest, well did the first mission and yeah definitely a totally different experience with the story. Still blown away by the music and sound of this game.

NavyNut said:
How to I do The Vault of Glass raid ? Anyways started the taken king quest, well did the first mission and yeah definitely a totally different experience with the story. Still blown away by the music and sound of this game.

VoG can be acess in the venus planet... it is like a mission but it is a Raid... you can play alone but you need friends to finish it (6 is ideal).