By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Ballot Charts *Updated* Completely Closed!

Done!

See Results (if you do really?) 5 100.00%

Total:5
gabzjmm23 said:
XanderXT said:
gabzjmm23 said:
better to try collaborating on 3rd parties to bring Alucard, Snake. then have Isaac, Bayo, Shantae would be great.
there are other great characters like Dunban, Heropon Riki in Xenoblade and bring in someone from SMT if possible.
we can also bring some yokai into smash. :)
list goes on. darn.

Why Alucard? He's not that iconic.

who do you want from castlevania? castlevania was one of the popular IPs back then. getting a character from castlevania is good add.

Simon Belmont. He's way more iconic than Alucard.

Around the Network

Very sorry! was going to post literally an hour ago, but my computer is just on the fritz these days(weeks)

Alright! The next character up is none other than Rayman!

... *Sigh*

Look. I love Rayman, and Rayman Advance is still one of my favorite games of the GBA. I could go on about how many times I bought and how many times I played this game. I don't want him in.

Aside from his amiibo, the problem isn't Rayman, its the publisher Ubisoft. Ubisoft was one of my favorite developers because of Rayman, and that only increased with AC3 (yes, I loved it; it was also my foray into the series before I tried the others) and Far Cry(Blood Dragon, only played this one, but man was this the definition of fun). With that said, their attitude this gen has soured everything I used to love about them. Don't get me wrong, I don't like their treatment of the Wii U, but thats only a fraction of it. I was still relatively cool with them on PC and overall. The rest is history. Because of this I want to put them in the "Ridiculous/unlikely" segment.

But this isn't about me and my bias, this is about being objective, and I'll hold myself to that integrity. That being said, as honestly objectively as possible, it is almost debatable for him to be in Smash, but unlikely. The amiibo itself would be something I don't see being executed swimmingly. Furthermore, this pretty much happened:

All jokes aside, the fact that they tried to push their own incentive for the character and there was no deal speaks for itself. Then again, I never know with the Nintendo. Sometimes they talk about 3rd party deals with companies like Ubisoft and Activision that seem non-existant, and they typically speak highly of those companies. Still I think its controversial/unlikely. Not as unlikely as I thought Snake was, but relatively in the ballpark there. 

XanderXT said:
gabzjmm23 said:
XanderXT said:
gabzjmm23 said:
better to try collaborating on 3rd parties to bring Alucard, Snake. then have Isaac, Bayo, Shantae would be great.
there are other great characters like Dunban, Heropon Riki in Xenoblade and bring in someone from SMT if possible.
list goes on. darn.

who do you want from castlevania? castlevania was one of the popular IPs back then. getting a character from castlevania is good add.

true. still love if they bring in those characters to smash. 

Sorry for the delay. Generic computer complaints.

Alright! Rayman vote is done. Most went to controversial/unlikely. Followed by debatable. Only had one perfect and pretty reasonable as well as the least votes. Considering I gave extended his poll for 3 hours too...

In any case he is in the controversial/unlikely spot now. Will update with new character soon.

So up next is that old classic that everyone enjoys from back in the day!

The tale of a bloodlines trancending time in an immortal duel with men and immortals

The series that popularized vampires that was from Japan!

Comes one of the most iconic characters of all vampire-dom!

Don't kill meh...

Actually yes it was Dio, he was a joke in my randomized list. Hilariously Simon came out next.

I love metroidvannias, but I have never played a castlevannia game, so his inclusion has no signifigance to me honestly. Considering however, that Capcom already has 2 characters in the series and one is... largely unused. Simon seems like a pretty reasonable and solid choice.

*Note that I've read through the thread and seem to understand that there is Alucard fans as well. If there's enough characters charted before the poll ends, I'll add him. Sorry for not planning ahead.

Be sure to leave a comment explaining your choice or saying Alucard is better

Around the Network

Nah i dont think a castlevania character would be good

I WANT RUNDAS IN THE GAME, i keep voting on him on the smash ballot!

97alexk said:

I WANT RUNDAS IN THE GAME, i keep voting on him on the smash ballot!

Lol noted. I put him in the rotation early on because you first mentioned him. Metroid could use more represenatitives.

gabzjmm23 said:
XanderXT said:
gabzjmm23 said:
XanderXT said:
gabzjmm23 said:
list goes on. darn.

true. still love if they bring in those characters to smash.

Yep. I want both!

marsoRa200 said:
Nah i dont think a castlevania character would be good

Y?