By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Adults Who Love Nintendo A Little Too Much...

Tagged games:

alternine said:
StarOcean said:
This thread seems to have been created with the intent of baiting Nintendo fans.

Well it wasn't. Not my fault that people get so angry over an opinion around here.

What exactly was the purpose of creating this thread then? I'm sure you're well aware you may offend people, which is obvious by comments I see here. I don't see productive conversations taking place with the topic given. 

Around the Network

LOL, what's wrong with prefering Mario Maker over Bloodborne? What if someone simply dislikes games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls, but would love a Mario game where you can create all types of unique and fun levels! It boggles the mind how this tool even has almost 100k subs. Then again, PDP is the most subbed Youtuber.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

StarOcean said:
alternine said:

Well it wasn't. Not my fault that people get so angry over an opinion around here.

What exactly was the purpose of creating this thread then? I'm sure you're well aware you may offend people, which is obvious by comments I see here. I don't see productive conversations taking place with the topic given. 

It offends me that people who think I have something wrong with me because I prefer a mario building game over bloodborne, but I would actually like to have the chance to explain why I do and talk about it

StarOcean said:
alternine said:

I knew there would be hot heads but I figured most would ignore them and talk about the topic. I guess I expected too much from the Internet. Silly me lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:
160rmf said:

And what exactly are you trying with this thread?

Conversations?

Suuuuuuure.

So what do you think about adult DBZ fans? Or about the fact that "E" on the box cover means "Everyone"?

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

1:17

"the reason I believe that is based on some type of behaviors that I see a lot of them exhibit on YouTube for one thing a lot of them seem to be very socially awkward based on their actions on YouTube"

In other words, he's never actually met them?

I can understand why someone would state that anyone who likes anything obsessively as a bad thing. 
However drawing conclusions based on someone's tastes that they are strange is silly. 
Oh but of course, everyone should conform and like exactly the same things as everyone else. If they like something that is deemed kiddy than they are just 'weird'.

I would also like to note that the comparisons that have been made are terrible. 

Dora the Explorer is nothing like Nintendo. 

Nintendo for the most part in my opinion has more in common with Pixar/Disney. Both companies have material that is family friendly (The Incredibles, Splatoon etc.). They also both have content that contains more violence without being too gritty (Avengers, Pirates of the Carribean, The Legend of Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles etc.). The fact that neither has cussing or gore, does this make them kiddy? No. 

I enjoy these entertainment mediums, as I am sure many adults, teenagers and kids alike do. 

I do not enjoy Dora the Explorer, the Teletubbies etc. but I can understand why kids would, and if for whatever reason an adult did too, well that is their taste so leave them be. 

For the record I also enjoy Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Resident Evil etc. I prefer not limiting myself to what other people like, and choose to like what I enjoy. As it turns out I like both family friendly entertainment, and entertainment that is not so family friendly.

By the way, adults who still like cartoons are kids. Cartoons are 4 da kids man. I mean seriously, especially Dragonballz. Bunch of men grunting a lot, talking to yellow balls and shooting lasers out their hands lel. By the way I am being sarcastic. I hope you have been enlightened and realise how stupid this video is.

spemanig said:
Legitimately the stupidest thing I've seen all day. If the idea of playing games for kids seriously makes you blush, you're the one who needs to grow up. The greatest sign of immaturity is the drive to prove your own maturity.

This.

alternine said:
StarOcean said:

I knew there would be hot heads but I figured most would ignore them and talk about the topic. I guess I expected too much from the Internet. Silly me lol

Clearly. Anyway, after discussing this thread with the mods we've decided that no productive conversations would take place from this thread. I'll be locking this.