By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Aug 31 - Sep 6 2015

xl-klaudkil said:
starman said:

I can, very little push. saturated unappealing hardware, ff that may or may not be good, lowest selling version of a multiplatform DQ and a mere multiplatform remake.

Realy?

You.think ff15 that will be coming out next year with ofcourse by than a pricecut and a limited edition ps4. Will push the ps4 a little? 

Also ff7 the most wanted remake in gaming history that will sell on name alone?

Okej.

ff15 may give a good boost first week but like mgs5, small compared to what the console needs. ff7 remains a remake, and a 2017 one at that.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
bunchanumbers said:
Yup... looks like my prediction was correct.

Didn't you predict like only 20k for PS4?

I said maybe more.

Angelv577 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Realy?

You.think ff15 that will be coming out next year with ofcourse by than a pricecut and a limited edition ps4. Will push the ps4 a little? 

Also ff7 the most wanted remake in gaming history that will sell on name alone?

Okej.

dont bother with zero, he doesnt know what he is talking about, like always.  He is just frustrated seeing ps4 doing well even in japan

yeah, ps4 is doing so good in japan that it's still in last place even with illegal deals.

Aerys said:
Nintyfan90 said:
Aerys said:
ANd there to all who said PS4 wont reach PS3 sales, PS4 has everything to reach them and even do better

You realize this boost is worse than the PS3s? You can't surpass a plat you are constantly struggling to match.

You realise your comparison is stupid ? MGS IV was a PS3 exclusive, and still, the boost was only 15k ahead of the boost of MGS V for PS4, it would have easily match MGS IV boost and probably more being exclusive

So yes, only 15k under MGS IV boost is really good considering it's a multiplat

What? You compared them. Your post is completely pointless then since this adds even more evidence PS4 wont match PS3. It doesn't matter that its multiplat because well thats not gonna change.

starman said:

I can, very little push. saturated unappealing hardware, ff that may or may not be good, lowest selling version of a multiplatform DQ and a mere multiplatform remake.

What the hell?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Lmao why don't you worry about the WiiU beating the GameCube first, these are fine sales all things considered.

I could say the same about PS3 vs. PS4 but why bother?

Because the WiiU might not even crack 20 Million. Can it even beat the Vita lifetime? Lmao.

Nintyfan90 said:
Aerys said:

You realise your comparison is stupid ? MGS IV was a PS3 exclusive, and still, the boost was only 15k ahead of the boost of MGS V for PS4, it would have easily match MGS IV boost and probably more being exclusive

What? You compared them. Your post is completely pointless then since this adds even more evidence PS4 wont match PS3. It doesn't matter that its multiplat because well thats not gonna change.

If you thought a bit sometimes before posting, you'd understand  this boost shows an healthy market for PS4, at least as healthy as for PS3 since the difference is very small even being a multiplat this time.

and sorry to disappoint you but yes it's gonna change, there are a lot of exclusives planned for PS4 like FF XV, KH 3, FF VII, ...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

johnsobas said:
Ruler said:
Very great numbers for MGS5 and keep in mind it costs 8400¥ for the japanese to buy this. MGS5 made more money than the other games below

It's not like other countries where you actually pay the retail price, it's pretty rare to actually pay that even day 1.

Doesn't really matter, because it applies to all games on all platforms. The fact that some games are priced higher than others is something that most people completely ignore. I remember MGS4 cost something like ¥8900.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ka-pi96 said:

Why not? The Xbox One version was already done for the worldwide release anyways. The localisation... wasn't even required since the game was made in Japanese in the first place. So yeah, it quite literally had 0 extra costs to release and sold most of it's stock so it's just pure profit. Besides I've heard that unlike the west Japanese retailers can't return unsold stock either, so if that's true they would have still made just as much profit if nobody bought it at all.

Ka-pi96 said:

Except the Japanese version is the original version...

You don't code in the voice acting to a game while you're developing it, though :P

I have to wonder if it did make any profit actually.  Costs would've been low, but you'd still have to do coding work specifically for the Japanese version (VO etc.) plus you'd have to do separate QA for the Japanese version (due to the VA and different text to the English version).

At the end of the day, you're probably left with minor profit if anything.  And from what I've read about Konami who became obsessed with chasing the golden eggs of mobile after Dragon Collection, probably wasn't worth bothering with.

Aerys said:
Nintyfan90 said:
Aerys said:

If you thought a bit sometimes before posting, you'd understand  this boost shows an healthy market for PS4, at least as healthy as for PS3 since the difference is very small even being a multiplat this time.

and sorry to disappoint you but yes it's gonna change, there are a lot of exclusives planned for PS4 like FF XV, KH 3, FF VII, ...

This boost also shows it is struggling to match PS3.