By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Aug 31 - Sep 6 2015

nice ps4 boost. MGS is a real system seller, well at least for ps4.

Around the Network

Even with MGS5 coming out, Splatoon is still beasting. Damn.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

cheshirescat said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Skullwaker said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Multiplatform in this case doesn't matter though, Xbox verions of MGSV didn't even chart.

I think he was referring to the PS3 version.

No he was referring to the PS4 boost of MGS5 being lower than the boost PS3 got from MGS4.

They're talking about the fact that mgsv is cross-gen.  If it were only ps4/xb1 then the boost for the ps4 would have been even closer to the mgs4's for the ps3.

I see, my mistake. The use of the word multiplatform instead of cross-gen got me confused though.

Ka-pi96 said:
Rob5VGC said:
Great job on surpassing the Dragon Quest bundle. Looking forward to the numbers when FFXV, KH3, FFVII, etc. release. Always a good thing when PS4 outsells the PS3. Time to make that shift Japanese gamers.

umm, doesn't that happen like every single week?

Which is why software is what you should have thought when I said that considering that hasn't happened with a cross gen game as big as MGS. :P

ANd there to all who said PS4 wont reach PS3 sales, PS4 has everything to reach them and even do better

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Nooooooo!!!! 500 short of my 55,000 prediction that almost everyone thought was crazy.

Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, and Star Wars Battlefront are the last three potentially major sellers for PS4 this year. Let's see how they do.

great numbers for the PS4 and MGSV. Splatoon legs and Wii U above 10k. :)

PotentHerbs said:
Nintyfan90 said:
So are we going to use the multiplat excuse all Gen?

Lmao why don't you worry about the WiiU beating the GameCube first, these are fine sales all things considered.

I could say the same about PS3 vs. PS4 but why bother?

Aerys said:
ANd there to all who said PS4 wont reach PS3 sales, PS4 has everything to reach them and even do better

You realize this boost is worse than the PS3s? You can't surpass a plat you are constantly struggling to match.

It seems according to famitsu MGSV is not sold out, so good on them retailers.