By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WOLVERINE VS RAIDEN - DEATH BATTLE!

Did you like the battle?

Yes! It has the right verdict! 33 46.48%

No! Wolverine should have won! 25 35.21%

See Results, plz. 13 18.31%

Total:71
XanderXT said:
Dusk said:

Because he still needs to breathe. With that said, when he gets oxygen again, he will wake up like nothing happened. It's the same healing factor as Dead Pool. He has had multiple limbs cut off since he doesn't have adamantium bones, head included, and they grow back, even to the point that some limbs have grown new bodies or been sewn together so there are other Dead Pools lol. 

Somebody already debunked taht.

No, they didn't debunk it. It has happened before. Plus it would be extremely hard for Wolverine to drown due to their being oxygen in water and because his lungs would be repairing while trying to breathe under water, they would still absorb the oxygen within it. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network
Dusk said:
XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
veritaz said:

Have you seen him in Metal Gear Rising? They made the right call. Raiden is faster and stronger than Wolverine and the blade he got from Sam could cut through adamantium.

Except Wolvie's adamantium claws would rip through Jack and slice him into bits. Since as they said, Wolverine has hit the dude that can move faster than the speed of sound, he would catch a few hits and slice and dice. Would be sliced into threads before he ever reached the 'ripper' state. Long before. 

Raiden is Mach 2000. Wolverine is Mach 5. Guess who's faster.

I didn't argue that. Read what I said again. Raiden is faster, but since Wolverine has landed blows on equally as fast of foes, likely due to his instincts, he would land blows against Raiden and with that, slice and dice. Raiden has nothing that would stop the claws from going through. Actually, his claws would go right through the sword in the first place.

No it wouldn't. Raiden'can strike with enough force to cut through buildings and machines built to survive nuclear wars

Dusk said:
XanderXT said:

Somebody already debunked that.

No, they didn't debunk it. It has happened before. Plus it would be extremely hard for Wolverine to drown due to their being oxygen in water and because his lungs would be repairing while trying to breathe under water, they would still absorb the oxygen within it. 

No, as in his healing factor comes from his brain stem.

Dusk said:

He doesn't adapt, his body is able to process oxygen better than a normal person, he can survive without oxygen far longer than an normal human can. This even means in space. Wolverine killed himself recently and you know he's dead right now, right? 

He's not immortal. And he certainly cannot breathe under water.

Hmm, pie.

XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
veritaz said:

Have you seen him in Metal Gear Rising? They made the right call. Raiden is faster and stronger than Wolverine and the blade he got from Sam could cut through adamantium.

Except Wolvie's adamantium claws would rip through Jack and slice him into bits. Since as they said, Wolverine has hit the dude that can move faster than the speed of sound, he would catch a few hits and slice and dice. Would be sliced into threads before he ever reached the 'ripper' state. Long before. 

I didn't argue that. Read what I said again. Raiden is faster, but since Wolverine has landed blows on equally as fast of foes, likely due to his instincts, he would land blows against Raiden and with that, slice and dice. Raiden has nothing that would stop the claws from going through. Actually, his claws would go right through the sword in the first place.

No it wouldn't. Raiden'can strike with enough force to cut through buildings and machines built to survive nuclear wars

Right, but they aren't made of adamantium. There are only a few characters in the Marvel universe that can break adamantium. 

The problem with their example of the adamantium melting is that it's not true adamantium, it's a secondary adamantium (inferior adamantium). Even the Hulk couldn't out right break adamantium and he's one of the strongest beings in the universe. King Thor melted it with might and magic, but not brute force, but that is FAR beyond anything Raiden has. Wolverine has survived nuclear war as well.

The problem with this is that Wolverine is nearly indestructable even though he isn't super powerful. Raiden wouldn't be able to kill him. They showed his head being chopped off lol, he wouldn't be able to get through his spine in order to do it.  Wolverine takes a beating by nearly everyone that he fights, but he just keeps going and going like the energizer bunny. That's how he overcomes. Raiden is still a cyborg, he can be killed. That's the main difference here. All his strength, speed and abilities don't mean too much of he has no way of killing him. Plus he would run out of fuel long before Wolverine were to give up. 

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Dusk said:

He doesn't adapt, his body is able to process oxygen better than a normal person, he can survive without oxygen far longer than an normal human can. This even means in space. Wolverine killed himself recently and you know he's dead right now, right? 

He's not immortal. And he certainly cannot breathe under water.

I didn't say he's immortal, I said he's nearly indestructable. His body does adapt actually, just like everybody's does. That's how he fights off viruses and diseases ect. Same thing with a normal human getting chicken pox. The human body adapts and creates antibodies that fight the pox, then keeps them so it's unlikely to be affected by it again. Similar sort of thing. 

He can be affected by poisons and deseases but then recovers much quicker, but that's not to say that certain things don't affect him at all, like the virus that took away his healing capabilites so even the adamantium in his body was poisoning him as they normally would. 

Yes, I'm aware he's dead lol. And of the way he died, that's really one of the very interesting parts of it. Almost the same way he got his adamantium in the first place, but instead he got fully covered in it to the point of it hardening and creating a nearly indestructable shell encasing him. 

Dusk said:

I didn't say he's immortal, I said he's nearly indestructable. His body does adapt actually, just like everybody's does. That's how he fights off viruses and diseases ect. Same thing with a normal human getting chicken pox. The human body adapts and creates antibodies that fight the pox, then keeps them so it's unlikely to be affected by it again. Similar sort of thing. 

He can be affected by poisons and deseases but then recovers much quicker, but that's not to say that certain things don't affect him at all, like the virus that took away his healing capabilites so even the adamantium in his body was poisoning him as they normally would. 

Yes, I'm aware he's dead lol. And of the way he died, that's really one of the very interesting parts of it. Almost the same way he got his adamantium in the first place, but instead he got fully covered in it to the point of it hardening and creating a nearly indestructable shell encasing him. 

I presume you know about the comics and if so, you know when I say adapt I mean like Darwin adapts. I know we adapt, we get sick out bodies produce antibodies and fight it off. We cannot on the other hand produce antibodies against drowning. Wolverine could survive for longer but he will die in time.

Here: http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0a89a95ce65ba6951244acd1166144a9

Wolverine himself has stated this at times. He will also die from starvation. Infact in replication of the above panels, Wolverine killed his son Daken by drowning him (in a puddle) and his son has the same/similar powers.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Dusk said:

I presume you know about the comics and if so, you know when I say adapt I mean like Darwin adapts. I know we adapt, we get sick out bodies produce antibodies and fight it off. We cannot on the other hand produce antibodies against drowning. Wolverine could survive for longer but he will die in time.

Here: http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0a89a95ce65ba6951244acd1166144a9

Wolverine himself has stated this at times. He will also die from starvation. Infact in replication of the above panels, Wolverine killed his son Daken by drowning him (in a puddle) and his son has the same/similar powers.

I wasn't saying he would grow gills or anything lol. But yeah, if he dies he dies. When I was speaking about the adaptation of his lungs, I was meaning our lungs are capable of absorbing oxygen from water, but at the same time water filling our lungs will make us drown. Our bodies are capable of working to defend themselves against most things. Even abrasion. Anyone that works with their hands can attest to skin becomming thicker, tougher and more resistant to it. Theorhetically if he were to be put in those circumstances again and again, he could build a tolerance to the water in the lungs. This is entirely theorhetical of course lol. 

Towards the original post, Raiden has nothing that could damage or cut Wolverines adamantium bones, therefore he isn't going to win. Unless he is some sort of scientist that could create something that could disable his healing ability, he has no chance of winning even with his superior speed and strength. He can be fully injured by Wolverines claws and would eventually be torn up. 

Dusk said:
XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
veritaz said:

Right, but they aren't made of adamantium. There are only a few characters in the Marvel universe that can break adamantium. 

The problem with their example of the adamantium melting is that it's not true adamantium, it's a secondary adamantium (inferior adamantium). Even the Hulk couldn't out right break adamantium and he's one of the strongest beings in the universe. King Thor melted it with might and magic, but not brute force, but that is FAR beyond anything Raiden has. Wolverine has survived nuclear war as well.

The problem with this is that Wolverine is nearly indestructable even though he isn't super powerful. Raiden wouldn't be able to kill him. They showed his head being chopped off lol, he wouldn't be able to get through his spine in order to do it.  Wolverine takes a beating by nearly everyone that he fights, but he just keeps going and going like the energizer bunny. That's how he overcomes. Raiden is still a cyborg, he can be killed. That's the main difference here. All his strength, speed and abilities don't mean too much of he has no way of killing him. Plus he would run out of fuel long before Wolverine were to give up. 

Neither Thor or Hulk cut things at a molecular scale. That's why they don't destroy adamantium. Besides, how do you know it's secondary adamatium? There's no proof it is.

XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
veritaz said:

Neither Thor or Hulk cut things at a molecular scale. That's why they don't destroy adamantium. Besides, how do you know it's secondary adamatium? There's no proof it is.

Because it says so in the video, and the comic. Any adamantium with a secondary name is inferior to pure adamantium. It's generally used so that it becomes malliable or able to be formed.