By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WOLVERINE VS RAIDEN - DEATH BATTLE!

Did you like the battle?

Yes! It has the right verdict! 33 46.48%

No! Wolverine should have won! 25 35.21%

See Results, plz. 13 18.31%

Total:71
XanderXT said:

What are you talking about? Superman flew across the galaxy in 2 months. And again, gameplay and story segregation.

Superman gets retconned and powers changed nearly every 2 months. Hard to keep up, is current Superman the one doing those feats? Can Raiden sustain Mach 2000 speed at all times while fighting?

If this is true then why did this person even make this video, it's pointless. 

Wolverine's neck has cartilage in it, if it was solid Adamantium he wouldn't be able to move, Raiden in his Mach 2000 speed could just hit wolverine and his head would pop clean off.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Nem said:
XanderXT said:
Nem said:
XanderXT said:
Nem said:
I don't watch those anymore. That Goku vs Superman one was totally contradictory and self serving. They purposedly trolled people, so i wont be supporting that show anymore.
Whatever the result, , in every battle. So, theres no point to debating in imo. Its just what some random guys said.

The Goku Vs Superman 2 was to shut up the fanboys. And no, it's not because its just what they feel like doing. If that were true, Goku would have won, as well as Majin Buu.

They shouldnt have done it. The explanation they give is that Superman is invincible, so Goku can't kill him. But, at the same time they say Goku is the character that always rises to the occasion and overcome adversity by becoming stronger.  This at least, logically leads to a tie. Because Goku would become invincible to defeat superman. And since its 2 invincibles aka 2 infinites, the result must be a tie. I don't think they shut any fanboy's with it. They made it worse, i'm betting. Also, it sounds petty to put so much work into just "shutting up the fanboys" but oh well...

DBZ fanboys are one of th worse, so they had to do it. And sure Goku rises up to adversity. But that's like saying Naruto rises up to adversity, so he should eventually beat Thor. Sure he rises up to adversity, but that wouldn't mean he will actually win the next fight.

I do think that if Naruto became invincible, then he would battle superman to a tie aswell. Its just the way those stories go. Superman's story is not like that, so he doesnt get stronger than the enemies, he just makes up his mind to defeat them (wich forces the kryptonite crutch). So, his "power level" doesnt increase. This means that if these stories meshed, the only result i see is a tie. You know... not to mention that superman would never burn the brains of good people. 

I still think a tie would have been the most logical and appeasing outcome. Trying to humiliate people with different opinions does not strike me like the mature thing to do. But, thats my opinion.

Well that's your choice.

The Fury said:
XanderXT said:

What are you talking about? Superman flew across the galaxy in 2 months. And again, gameplay and story segregation.

Superman gets retconned and powers changed nearly every 2 months. Hard to keep up, is current Superman the one doing those feats? Can Raiden sustain Mach 2000 speed at all times while fighting?

If this is true then why did this person even make this video, it's pointless. 

Wolverine's neck has cartilage in it, if it was solid Adamantium he wouldn't be able to move, Raiden in his Mach 2000 speed could just hit wolverine and his head would pop clean off.

Well that's only in Zandatsu mode. He's still hypersonic in his nomal form though. You should really watch the video. It helps.

I thought Logan would win but they explained it very well. Judges rule in favor of Death Battle.

Wouldnt the electricity mess up Wolverines skeleton?

Around the Network

I know that once, Wolverine has regenerated after there was nothing left of him but his adamantium covered skeleton. Could Raiden really take him down? Could his sword really cut through adamantium?

Teeqoz said:
I know that once, Wolverine has regenerated after there was nothing left of him.

Sometimes bad story telling in comics makes me sad. There was a big deal made about that and many people hated it. I still do. How do you 'heal' from nothing? You don't because there's nothing to heal. That moment changed his power set from just an extremely powerful healing  factor to full regenerating immortality and luckily no writer has mentioned or made reference to it since (afaik).

His powers are meant to be healing, which means stab the heart, it heals. Remove the heart from his entire body and he dies (there is no heart to heal).

Anyway, rmoving his head is enough to kill him (ignoring the moment mentioned above) but according to people here Raiden's sword can cut through his Adamantium. The fight seems setup so Raiden can win something. :P

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Teeqoz said:
I know that once, Wolverine has regenerated after there was nothing left of him.

Sometimes bad story telling in comics makes me sad. There was a big deal made about that and many people hated it. I still do. How do you 'heal' from nothing? You don't because there's nothing to heal. That moment changed his power set from just an extremely powerful healing  factor to full regenerating immortality and luckily no writer has mentioned or made reference to it since (afaik).

His powers are meant to be healing, which means stab the heart, it heals. Remove the heart from his entire body and he dies (there is no heart to heal).

Anyway, rmoving his head is enough to kill him (ignoring the moment mentioned above) but according to people here Raiden's sword can cut through his Adamantium. The fight seems setup so Raiden can win something. :P

Well aren't these death battles supposed to be from when these characters are at their most powerful?

XanderXT said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I thought this was Mortal Kombat's Raiden in which I was gonna be like, Raiden hands down. But THAT Raiden? Wolverine would win.

That Raiden loses as well. No way of killing Wolverine, while he can be killed by Johnny Cage. Besides, Metal Gear Raiden would lose in a battle of attrition.

I'm sorry, but Raiden is a god... as in... immortal. He's even more indestructable than Superman. You can't kill a god lol. 

veritaz said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I thought this was Mortal Kombat's Raiden in which I was gonna be like, Raiden hands down. But THAT Raiden? Wolverine would win.

Have you seen him in Metal Gear Rising? They made the right call. Raiden is faster and stronger than Wolverine and the blade he got from Sam could cut through adamantium.

Except Wolvie's adamantium claws would rip through Jack and slice him into bits. Since as they said, Wolverine has hit the dude that can move faster than the speed of sound, he would catch a few hits and slice and dice. Would be sliced into threads before he ever reached the 'ripper' state. Long before. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.