By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WOLVERINE VS RAIDEN - DEATH BATTLE!

Did you like the battle?

Yes! It has the right verdict! 33 46.48%

No! Wolverine should have won! 25 35.21%

See Results, plz. 13 18.31%

Total:71
Azerth said:
XanderXT said:
The Fury said:
XanderXT said:
The Fury said:
XanderXT said:

Exactly. The High Frequency Blade cuts at molecular bonds. This was a fight that was chosen by Torrian (The Animator of the show) as he wanted Raiden to be in Death Battle and picked Wolverine as his opponent

Well, he's obviously a Raiden fanboy as Wolverine would kill him before Raiden get's a chance to cut him. :)

How? Raiden is so much faster.

How? Being a cyborg means little when the guy you are fighting is not just human. Wolverine can go one on one with Cap and Spiderman is straight fights. This is Cap who lift tonnes and move far faster than any human and Spiderman who has a sixth sense meaning he can react faster than Raiden can even comprehend. He's hardly just a mutant with a healing factor and a metal skeleton.

Really? Wolverine can fight someone who moves at mach 2000? Spider-Man is hardly that fast.

well they do show woliveirne elbowing a guy whos running faster then light

They also showed Spock beating him by using the Vulcan Nerve Pinch. Besides, I don't recall that at all. When was that?

Around the Network
Dusk said:

The healing is actually from the DNA, not the brain. Since his DNA is in his skeleton that is infused with adamantium, Wolverine is essentially invincible. Admittedly, the skeleton would have fallen to bits without ANY flesh to hold it together, but then there would possibly be multiple Wolverines out there with a limb or two that have adamantium skeleton. Kind of like Dead Pool and the multiples of him out there. 

Nope, Deadpool and Wolverine's healing are completely different. Wolverine heals, he doesn't regenerate. (see AoA Wolverine, same guy). He cannot heal something that isn't there to heal.

Wolverine has been killed serveral times in recent years, even once by himself. If he can just regenerate (including a new head) then Wolverine would know he can't kill himself so why would be bother? (See Age of Ultron).

XanderXT said:

If it's in his DNA, why is it he can die by suffocation?

Yes, of course he can. While his body would be able to survive the degradation of being without oxygen for longer than most humans, leave him without oxygen for long enough and he dies. He still needs air, he is human after all. This is what I'm (as a X-men fanboy) don't like. The Protrayal of an immportal Wolverine when he's just means to be human just with a rediculously crazy healing factor.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Dusk said:

The healing is actually from the DNA, not the brain. Since his DNA is in his skeleton that is infused with adamantium, Wolverine is essentially invincible. Admittedly, the skeleton would have fallen to bits without ANY flesh to hold it together, but then there would possibly be multiple Wolverines out there with a limb or two that have adamantium skeleton. Kind of like Dead Pool and the multiples of him out there. 

Nope, Deadpool and Wolverine's healing are completely different. Wolverine heals, he doesn't regenerate. (see AoA Wolverine, same guy). He cannot heal something that isn't there to heal.

Wolverine has been killed serveral times in recent years, even once by himself. If he can just regenerate (including a new head) then Wolverine would know he can't kill himself so why would be bother? (See Age of Ultron).

>

Yes, of course he can. While his body would be able to survive the degradation of being without oxygen for longer than most humans, leave him without oxygen for long enough and he dies. He still needs air, he is human after all. This is what I'm (as a X-men fanboy) don't like. The Protrayal of an immportal Wolverine when he's just means to be human just with a rediculously crazy healing factor.

Ah, ok. But I heard Professor X said it was from his Brain Stem.

XanderXT said:

You may be right. Power inhibitors exist in Marvel for mutants, meaning you put that on Wolverine, he loses his ability to heal. It would be odd to be able to target all parts of Wolverine's DNA from just a collar around their next, it would make more sense for the electronic signal in the collar to just target that part of the brain and turn it off.

Hmm, pie.

Wow! Never thought this would get really popular!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
The Fury said:
XanderXT said:

You may be right. Power inhibitors exist in Marvel for mutants, meaning you put that on Wolverine, he loses his ability to heal. It would be odd to be able to target all parts of Wolverine's DNA from just a collar around their next, it would make more sense for the electronic signal in the collar to just target that part of the brain and turn it off.

That would make sense.

XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
veritaz said:

Have you seen him in Metal Gear Rising? They made the right call. Raiden is faster and stronger than Wolverine and the blade he got from Sam could cut through adamantium.

Except Wolvie's adamantium claws would rip through Jack and slice him into bits. Since as they said, Wolverine has hit the dude that can move faster than the speed of sound, he would catch a few hits and slice and dice. Would be sliced into threads before he ever reached the 'ripper' state. Long before. 

Raiden is Mach 2000. Wolverine is Mach 5. Guess who's faster.

I didn't argue that. Read what I said again. Raiden is faster, but since Wolverine has landed blows on equally as fast of foes, likely due to his instincts, he would land blows against Raiden and with that, slice and dice. Raiden has nothing that would stop the claws from going through. Actually, his claws would go right through the sword in the first place. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
The Fury said:

Sometimes bad story telling in comics makes me sad. There was a big deal made about that and many people hated it. I still do. How do you 'heal' from nothing? You don't because there's nothing to heal. That moment changed his power set from just an extremely powerful healing  factor to full regenerating immortality and luckily no writer has mentioned or made reference to it since (afaik).

His powers are meant to be healing, which means stab the heart, it heals. Remove the heart from his entire body and he dies (there is no heart to heal).

Anyway, rmoving his head is enough to kill him (ignoring the moment mentioned above) but according to people here Raiden's sword can cut through his Adamantium. The fight seems setup so Raiden can win something. :P

Because he still needs to breathe. With that said, when he gets oxygen again, he will wake up like nothing happened. It's the same healing factor as Dead Pool. He has had multiple limbs cut off since he doesn't have adamantium bones, head included, and they grow back, even to the point that some limbs have grown new bodies or been sewn together so there are other Dead Pools lol. 

The Fury said:
XanderXT said:

Not really. In order for the power inhibitors to work if they are based on the brain stem, then that means that they would need to be punctured for it to work. In cases with mutants that can't be cut it works on them. If it were the brain stem, that would have been damaged during the process of putting adamantium in his bones. 

Dusk said:
XanderXT said:
Dusk said:
The Fury said:

Sometimes bad story telling in comics makes me sad. There was a big deal made about that and many people hated it. I still do. How do you 'heal' from nothing? You don't because there's nothing to heal. That moment changed his power set from just an extremely powerful healing  factor to full regenerating immortality and luckily no writer has mentioned or made reference to it since (afaik).

His powers are meant to be healing, which means stab the heart, it heals. Remove the heart from his entire body and he dies (there is no heart to heal).

Anyway, rmoving his head is enough to kill him (ignoring the moment mentioned above) but according to people here Raiden's sword can cut through his Adamantium. The fight seems setup so Raiden can win something. :P

Because he still needs to breathe. With that said, when he gets oxygen again, he will wake up like nothing happened. It's the same healing factor as Dead Pool. He has had multiple limbs cut off since he doesn't have adamantium bones, head included, and they grow back, even to the point that some limbs have grown new bodies or been sewn together so there are other Dead Pools lol. 

Somebody already debunked that. And Deadpool's healing Factor is like that because he doesn't have adamantium bones. The adamantium retards Wolverine's healing factor.