By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WOLVERINE VS RAIDEN - DEATH BATTLE!

Did you like the battle?

Yes! It has the right verdict! 33 46.48%

No! Wolverine should have won! 25 35.21%

See Results, plz. 13 18.31%

Total:71
The Fury said:
Teeqoz said:
I know that once, Wolverine has regenerated after there was nothing left of him.

Sometimes bad story telling in comics makes me sad. There was a big deal made about that and many people hated it. I still do. How do you 'heal' from nothing? You don't because there's nothing to heal. That moment changed his power set from just an extremely powerful healing  factor to full regenerating immortality and luckily no writer has mentioned or made reference to it since (afaik).

His powers are meant to be healing, which means stab the heart, it heals. Remove the heart from his entire body and he dies (there is no heart to heal).

Anyway, rmoving his head is enough to kill him (ignoring the moment mentioned above) but according to people here Raiden's sword can cut through his Adamantium. The fight seems setup so Raiden can win something. :P

The healing is actually from the DNA, not the brain. Since his DNA is in his skeleton that is infused with adamantium, Wolverine is essentially invincible. Admittedly, the skeleton would have fallen to bits without ANY flesh to hold it together, but then there would possibly be multiple Wolverines out there with a limb or two that have adamantium skeleton. Kind of like Dead Pool and the multiples of him out there. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
So, I can't watch the video, at work. But are they claiming that Raiden can cut Wolverine's Adamantium? Also, are they talking about movie Wolverine or comics Wolverine? They are completely different people?

Silver Samurai who has the mutant power to charge objects with tachyon energy, specifically his sword allowing it to cut through virtually anything cannot cut through Wolverine's bones. There are also a few Muramasa blades in the MU none of which can cut Wolverine's bones and can withstand his own Adamantium blades.

Do they mention any of this?

This is without the fact that Wolverine is as good of a fighter as any martial artist in the Marvel Universe with the exception of Shang Chi.

So much THIS.  I know Wolverine is basically a pussy in the movies compared to his comic book counterpart (seriously, go back and look at how many fights he almost lost, but only won because he got lucky), so we should be going with the comic Wolverine's attributes, since that's the one they showed in the fight.

Nem said:
XanderXT said:
Nem said:
I don't watch those anymore. That Goku vs Superman one was totally contradictory and self serving. They purposedly trolled people, so i wont be supporting that show anymore.
Whatever the result, , in every battle. So, theres no point to debating in imo. Its just what some random guys said.

The Goku Vs Superman 2 was to shut up the fanboys. And no, it's not because its just what they feel like doing. If that were true, Goku would have won, as well as Majin Buu.

They shouldnt have done it. The explanation they give is that Superman is invincible, so Goku can't kill him. But, at the same time they say Goku is the character that always rises to the occasion and overcome adversity by becoming stronger.  This at least, logically leads to a tie. Because Goku would become invincible to defeat superman. And since its 2 invincibles aka 2 infinites, the result must be a tie. I don't think they shut any fanboy's with it. They made it worse, i'm betting. Also, it sounds petty to put so much work into just "shutting up the fanboys" but oh well...

I think what makes it worse is how they ended the fight.  Superman takes the strongest Kamehameha Wave, but can just walk through it no problem?  When before it has shown to blow him back when not even at full power?  Obviously someone is a Superman fanboy and just wanted his fave coming off looking like a badass.  Then, Supes just grabs Goku and Goku does nothing?  And allows Superman to melt his brain?  BS.  Again, someone is a Supes fanboy and just wanted a character that some say can kick Superman's ass, which obviously ticks him off, to come off looking weak and helpless.  Pretty pathetic.

I personally think Superman fanboys have got to be some of the worst.  They are fine with Superman getting a new power/resistance to someone else's power almost every comic book.  To me, Superman has gotten boring since they started pulling powers out of their butt for him.  They are fine with the Man of Steel movie which basically screwed up his character (and his adoptive dad's to be honest).  Since when does Superman perposely kill innocent people in buildings just to take down an enemy?  And that weak ass ending of the fight, him breaking Zod neck like he had not other option.  Sure...Guess he lost the ability to fly.  Or throw him around like he's been doing for 1/3 of the movie.  Or hell, just cover up his eyes.  Just weak.

XanderXT said:
The Fury said:
XanderXT said:
The Fury said:
XanderXT said:

Exactly. The High Frequency Blade cuts at molecular bonds. This was a fight that was chosen by Torrian (The Animator of the show) as he wanted Raiden to be in Death Battle and picked Wolverine as his opponent

Well, he's obviously a Raiden fanboy as Wolverine would kill him before Raiden get's a chance to cut him. :)

How? Raiden is so much faster.

How? Being a cyborg means little when the guy you are fighting is not just human. Wolverine can go one on one with Cap and Spiderman is straight fights. This is Cap who lift tonnes and move far faster than any human and Spiderman who has a sixth sense meaning he can react faster than Raiden can even comprehend. He's hardly just a mutant with a healing factor and a metal skeleton.

Really? Wolverine can fight someone who moves at mach 2000? Spider-Man is hardly that fast.

well they do show woliveirne elbowing a guy whos running faster then light

AlfredoTurkey said:
XanderXT said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I thought this was Mortal Kombat's Raiden in which I was gonna be like, Raiden hands down. But THAT Raiden? Wolverine would win.

That Raiden loses as well. No way of killing Wolverine, while he can be killed by Johnny Cage. Besides, Metal Gear Raiden would lose in a battle of attrition.

I'm sorry, but Raiden is a god... as in... immortal. He's even more indestructable than Superman. You can't kill a god lol.

God Raiden is featless. We have absolutely no idea what he does.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Teeqoz said:
I know that once, Wolverine has regenerated after there was nothing left of him.

Sometimes bad story telling in comics makes me sad. There was a big deal made about that and many people hated it. I still do. How do you 'heal' from nothing? You don't because there's nothing to heal. That moment changed his power set from just an extremely powerful healing  factor to full regenerating immortality and luckily no writer has mentioned or made reference to it since (afaik).

His powers are meant to be healing, which means stab the heart, it heals. Remove the heart from his entire body and he dies (there is no heart to heal).

Anyway, rmoving his head is enough to kill him (ignoring the moment mentioned above) but according to people here Raiden's sword can cut through his Adamantium. The fight seems setup so Raiden can win something. :P

Wolverine could have won you know. He could have simply outlasted Raiden.

Dusk said:
veritaz said:

Have you seen him in Metal Gear Rising? They made the right call. Raiden is faster and stronger than Wolverine and the blade he got from Sam could cut through adamantium.

Except Wolvie's adamantium claws would rip through Jack and slice him into bits. Since as they said, Wolverine has hit the dude that can move faster than the speed of sound, he would catch a few hits and slice and dice. Would be sliced into threads before he ever reached the 'ripper' state. Long before. 

Raiden is Mach 2000. Wolverine is Mach 5. Guess who's faster.

thismeintiel said:
Nem said:
XanderXT said:
Nem said:
I don't watch those anymore. That Goku vs Superman one was totally contradictory and self serving. They purposedly trolled people, so i wont be supporting that show anymore.
Whatever the result, , in every battle. So, theres no point to debating in imo. Its just what some random guys said.

The Goku Vs Superman 2 was to shut up the fanboys. And no, it's not because its just what they feel like doing. If that were true, Goku would have won, as well as Majin Buu.

They shouldnt have done it. The explanation they give is that Superman is invincible, so Goku can't kill him. But, at the same time they say Goku is the character that always rises to the occasion and overcome adversity by becoming stronger.  This at least, logically leads to a tie. Because Goku would become invincible to defeat superman. And since its 2 invincibles aka 2 infinites, the result must be a tie. I don't think they shut any fanboy's with it. They made it worse, i'm betting. Also, it sounds petty to put so much work into just "shutting up the fanboys" but oh well...

I think what makes it worse is how they ended the fight.  Superman takes the strongest Kamehameha Wave, but can just walk through it no problem?  When before it has shown to blow him back when not even at full power?  Obviously someone is a Superman fanboy and just wanted his fave coming off looking like a badass.  Then, Supes just grabs Goku and Goku does nothing?  And allows Superman to melt his brain?  BS.  Again, someone is a Supes fanboy and just wanted a character that some say can kick Superman's ass, which obviously ticks him off, to come off looking weak and helpless.  Pretty pathetic.

I personally think Superman fanboys have got to be some of the worst.  They are fine with Superman getting a new power/resistance to someone else's power almost every comic book.  To me, Superman has gotten boring since they started pulling powers out of their butt for him.  They are fine with the Man of Steel movie which basically screwed up his character (and his adoptive dad's to be honest).  Since when does Superman perposely kill innocent people in buildings just to take down an enemy?  And that weak ass ending of the fight, him breaking Zod neck like he had not other option.  Sure...Guess he lost the ability to fly.  Or throw him around like he's been doing for 1/3 of the movie.  Or hell, just cover up his eyes.  Just weak.

You're such a Superman hater. Tell me, does Goku have the power of 50 Supernovas? No? Then why would a Kamehameha defeat him? Can Goku get out of someone choking him, and that someone can lift 5.972 × 10^24 kg for five days without rest? Really, people like you are so ignorant about Superman. Oh, and most Superman fans hated Man of Steel. Goes to show how little you know about Superman.

I'm glad I watched the video before clicking on this. Try not to spoil the video with the poll.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Dusk said:
The Fury said:

The healing is actually from the DNA, not the brain. Since his DNA is in his skeleton that is infused with adamantium, Wolverine is essentially invincible. Admittedly, the skeleton would have fallen to bits without ANY flesh to hold it together, but then there would possibly be multiple Wolverines out there with a limb or two that have adamantium skeleton. Kind of like Dead Pool and the multiples of him out there.

If it's in his DNA, why is it he can die by suffocation?