By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie himself promoting Runbow on its last trailer

Samus Aran said:
Do TT Games' games (confusing) get retail releases? I know it's episodic, but maybe after all episodes are out? Just asking because I prefer retail.

Yeah, I think every one of their games has gotten a retail release on every platform. It always just happens when all of the episodes are out. So, if The Walking Dead combo pack comes, I would expect it to be retail at launch. Minecraft Story Mode on the other hand should be digital only until the whole season is done (which could take a year at most depending on how many episodes they do, but it would probably be done sooner).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Samus Aran said:
And then Star Fox: Zero, Fatal Frame V, Yoshi's Woolly World (for you American peasants), Xenoblade Chronicles X and Fast Racing Neo.

Not to mention the few 3rd party offerings like Lego Dimensions, Skylanders Supercharged, Rodea the Sky Soldier, Just Dance, Guitar Hero Live, Minecraft Story Mode, and then of course there are the black sheep Nintendo games, Amiibo Festival, Devil's Third (NA) and Mario Tennis.

And I do suspect we'll see other 3rd party games being released either this holiday or early next year, like Walking Dead (S1+2), regular Minecraft and whatever that Tantalus port is.

Definitely not a drought.

I don´t think Mario Tennis is really a black sheep, if the game ends up being complete and with good online funtionalities then it is a welcome adition to the console library, where there aren´t many sport games. I don´t think I will buy it even if its good but the only reason why is a black sheep is because was revealed on a conference where people was expecting something way bigger (like me and ... everyone )

Goodnightmoon said:
Skullwaker said:

Not to mention the few 3rd party offerings like Lego Dimensions, Skylanders Supercharged, Rodea the Sky Soldier, Just Dance, Guitar Hero Live, Minecraft Story Mode, and then of course there are the black sheep Nintendo games, Amiibo Festival, Devil's Third (NA) and Mario Tennis.

And I do suspect we'll see other 3rd party games being released either this holiday or early next year, like Walking Dead (S1+2), regular Minecraft and whatever that Tantalus port is.

I don´t think Mario Tennis is really a black sheep, if the game ends up being complete and with good online funtionalities then it is a welcome adition to the console library, where there aren´t many sport games. I don´t think I will buy it even if its good but the only reason why is a black sheep is because was revealed on a conference where people was expecting something way bigger (like.. everyone )

I'd have bought Mario Strikers. But tennis is so lame. Sadly this will probably outsell Ibun Genei Roku #Fe and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Goodnightmoon said:
I don´t think Mario Tennis is really a black sheep, if the game ends up being complete and with good online funtionalities then it is a welcome adition to the console library, where there aren´t many sport games. I don´t think I will buy it even if its good but the only reason why is a black sheep is because was revealed on a conference where people was expecting something way bigger (like.. everyone )

Yeah, that's the only reason I referred to it as such. Had it been revealed in a Nintendo Direct or something, it wouldn't have a negative connotation associated with it. It honestly doesn't look bad at all.

Hell, even Amiibo Festival could turn out to be good. Everyone just hates it because it is seemingly replacing a traditional Animal Crossing game (which I understand, and I feel a similar disdain). 

Samus Aran said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Skullwaker said:

I'd have bought Mario Strikers. But tennis is so lame. Sadly this will probably outsell Ibun Genei Roku #Fe and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Maybe they did it because it seems like nobody is doing tennis games anymore so they want to fill that market? I dunno, but is possible. I would totally buy a Mario Striker over this too, and I hate football but is damn fun. This one needs to be really good to catch my attention, I don´t think is gonna happen though, but is not a bad thing to have on the console.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Probably not, actually.

According to VGC, Mario Tennis Open for the 3DS (released in 2012) has only sold .84m at this point. I fully expect Xenoblade X to sell more than that. Genei Ibun Roku #FE is a bit more hard to predict, but if the Fire Emblem characters are pushed hard enough in marketing and it reviews well, I can see it selling very well. I mean, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate sold over 600k on the Wii U and that was a port of a port.

Like the trailer, it's pretty neat

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Damon Baker has really been a great asset to Nintendo.

Four Retail releases on this year and there is not a drought? Is this real life?

AEGRO said:
Four Retail releases on this year and there is not a drought? Is this real life?

Right now there is not a drought. Currently. As in, the present. As well as the future.

There was absolutely a drought during the summer.