By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mediacreate/Famitsu week ending Aug. 30th

ryuzaki57 said:
Why are the Japanese buying DQ8 demake while it should be enhanced on Vita/PS4 with trophies? That's stupid, they're asking for more demakes. Brace yourself for FFXII demake on 400p screen because of those guys.

Or maybe you should stop complaining because its not on a sony platform? Does every game have to come to your platform of choice.. no I don't think so.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
uran10 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Why are the Japanese buying DQ8 demake while it should be enhanced on Vita/PS4 with trophies? That's stupid, they're asking for more demakes. Brace yourself for FFXII demake on 400p screen because of those guys.

Or maybe you should stop complaining because its not on a sony platform? Does every game have to come to your platform of choice.. no I don't think so.

It would have been a better experience on Vita because no downgrade + trophies. Publishers should always deliver the best possible experience.

ryuzaki57 said:
uran10 said:

It would have been a better experience on Vita because no downgrade + trophies. Publishers should always deliver the best possible experience.

I never knew trophies influenced how much better a game would be... oh wait they don't.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
uran10 said:

I never knew trophies influenced how much better a game would be... oh wait they don't.

Actually they do. They make me do things which I wouldn't do without trophys (for example playing Uncharted 2 and 3 on ultra hard or complete GTA V 100%).

Dr.Vita said:
uran10 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
uran10 said:

Actually they do. They make me do things which I wouldn't do without trophys (for example playing Uncharted 2 and 3 on ultra hard or complete GTA V 100%).

Actually, I never finished 100% of a game because of trophies or achievements.

I only do it if I want to do.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:

With that logic, no game should ever come to the Vita then.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

ryuzaki57 said:

Blame the poor userbase of the Vita and PS4 in Japan.

You guys constantly say Wii U doesn't deserve third party, well this is a taste of your own medicine. The Vita gets more support than it deserves tbh.

DQ remake actually surprised me... decent numbers for a DQ, amazing for a remake. Anyway, Splatoon continues to sell very well... it actually rose up from last week, this is impressive. Its sales never went below 20k in Japan. And the game is selling even better in US, and it's actually with the same 20k weekly baseline in Europe according to VGChartz. It's impressive, the game should be at 2m+ right now.

Also Wii U and PS4 sales are good, I'm actually convinced PS4 will start doing amazing when bigger games drop and Wii U will end its life with respectable numbers too, as well as up YoY this year. Console market is looking much better in Japan than it was last year.

Last, but not least, 3DS managed to sell above 50k again thanks to a new release. This shows the system is not over yet and has a bit of room to grow (will certainly pass 20m in Japan).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

uran10 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Could easily be on Wii U, PS3, PS4, or Vita and would be an improvement. I also wish that DQ8 wouldn't sell a lot on 3DS, because making an inferior version of an old game shouldn't be a big hit.

That said, it's still far away from DQ7, so you could argue that it has sold appropriately for the state of the game. I just kinda shrug at it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Awesome sales for DQ 7 and continued good sales for Splatoon. The Sony fans salt in this thread could give someone obesity.