By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has started to pick on Gamers on Youtube again - ProJared gets slammed

My question isn't why Nintendo took this course of action, but rather what is it going to take for Nintendo to realize that YouTube is a wonderful way of endorsement and not the opposite Furthermore, who is Nintendo's current CEO now?

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Wyrdness said:
DerNebel said:

And here your whole argument crumbles down, what a load of bullshit. Online exposure and Youtube matters a ton for games, which is something nearly every publisher has grasped by now, so much so that nearly every publisher has embraced it as well.

Also I said "pretty much", sure there're other examples of similar things happening here and there, but you'll probably be hardpressed to find another big games publisher out there that literally tries to take a cut (or everything) from the ad revenue of every video that features footage of their games.

So sure, they might be legally entitled to it, but that doesn't make it less dickish, especially considering that the things driving the views with these videos are primarily the personalities with the games being secondary.

It's a load of BS because I've yet to see any indication that these videos lead to extra sales and tbh I don't think they really do, the are loads of videos on YT regardless of the LPs, I'm willing to bet the majority of people watching these videos already know about the game or own them. A Billboard on the street is probably giving more exposure then these videos.

Funny I named you 3 in my reply, Sega, SE and Atlus take the whole cut no questions asked I know this from years of uploading, I have a small channel on YT with 42 subscribers. As I said Nintendo are just the company people tend to focus on because everyone knows their games pull in numbers. It doesn't bother me as much when these companies flag my videos because I actually have a job that doesn't rely on hoping I can use a company's product to make money with out an agreement.

Again like it or not it's their product, a fact of life is that not everyone will like your actions, I know if someone was using my own work to make money I'd take similar action.

Then you really haven't been looking:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/how-pewdiepie-fired-skate-3-back-into-the-charts/0137447

Or how do you think Slenderman, Five Nights at Freddies, Amnesia or P.T. got as popular as they are/were? And can you give me any indicator that a Billboard on the street is selling games? I highly doubt you can.

A quick Google search reveals that at this point in time neither of the 3 companies you mentioned have a policy similar to Nintendos in place.

One instance is not proof, anecdotal evidence at best, not enough to make it an unbendable rule (and I know a thing or 2 about bending, see my avatar meatbag!).  Yes Pewdietroll has a vast herd of mindless sheep, does it give any right to dictate how Nintendo does its business???

If Youtubers have such a marketing weight, why is every company spending 99,9% of its marketing budget in traditional ads over youtubers???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Lol, Game_God seriously just stop posting, you're making a complete fool out of yourself and I should already be sleeping.

And Wyrdness, actually really read my posts before responding.

I'm out

DerNebel said:
Game_God said:
DerNebel said:

Maybe because that was a) an obvious mistake on Sonys/Activisions part (the games they flagged were MAG and the original Black Ops FFS) and b) they actually did not do the same, Sony/Activision stopped the video from being monetized, Nintendo and Konami are taking the ad revenue for themselves.

Oh and....

People shouldn't monetize let's plays in the first place.

...yeah, because why should people be paid for their work, right? What an ignorant thing to say.

I return to you your last coment: what an ignorant thing to say!

"because why should people be paid for their work, right?", I can't comprehend that you can't see what is wrong with what you are writting, the flawed logic you use.

Are all these Youtubers Nintendo workers??? No!!! So why exactly are they expecting payment from a company they don't work for??? Nobody is forcing their hand to do gaming videos, right? Furthermore using licensed IP belonging to others...

If I go tomorrow in front of a KFC & start praising how good their chicken wings are, am I entitled to anything? Am I in my own right & go in to ask money from them because I praise their chicken???

These Youtubers try to make money out of their hobby, nothing wrong with that, but keep reality in check, their work is benevolous, nobody asked or hired them to do these videos, they should be thankful that Nintendo even has a program where they can make money out of their IP, just because these youtubers decided that they wanted to make money out of playing games!

Furthermore, journalists have ethics code, they can't accept money or substancail gifts from the companies they are doing journalism on, for obvious reasons, you don't bite the hand that feeds you, ergo what they write when accepting money or favors from said companies, is nothing more than PR, marketing & publicity. 

If they want to show the world what grreat fun they are having playing a game, do so, just don't moneytize. If you want to make money the rules are quite different, ethics & IP issues come in knocking at your door & that's where you see clueless people about the real world go apeshit because of the reality check shot they were given.

All I see from these Youtubers is spoiled, rude, uneducated rants from babies who might as well live in the twilight zone, since they don't seem to know the rules of the world we live in!

Lol. The ad payments don't come from Nintendo, if you don't even know that much then don't comment.

You don't know how to read, don't respond!

When you are done reading & understanding what I wrote, then come back again instead of charging at something I didn't say...

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Game_God said:
DerNebel said:
Game_God said:
DerNebel said:

Maybe because that was a) an obvious mistake on Sonys/Activisions part (the games they flagged were MAG and the original Black Ops FFS) and b) they actually did not do the same, Sony/Activision stopped the video from being monetized, Nintendo and Konami are taking the ad revenue for themselves.

Oh and....

...yeah, because why should people be paid for their work, right? What an ignorant thing to say.

"because why should people be paid for their work, right?", I can't comprehend that you can't see what is wrong with what you are writting, the flawed logic you use.

Are all these Youtubers Nintendo workers??? No!!! So why exactly are they expecting payment from a company they don't work for??? Nobody is forcing their hand to do gaming videos, right? Furthermore using licensed IP belonging to others...

If I go tomorrow in front of a KFC & start praising how good their chicken wings are, am I entitled to anything? Am I in my own right & go in to ask money from them because I praise their chicken???

These Youtubers try to make money out of their hobby, nothing wrong with that, but keep reality in check, their work is benevolous, nobody asked or hired them to do these videos, they should be thankful that Nintendo even has a program where they can make money out of their IP, just because these youtubers decided that they wanted to make money out of playing games!

Furthermore, journalists have ethics code, they can't accept money or substancail gifts from the companies they are doing journalism on, for obvious reasons, you don't bite the hand that feeds you, ergo what they write when accepting money or favors from said companies, is nothing more than PR, marketing & publicity. 

If they want to show the world what grreat fun they are having playing a game, do so, just don't moneytize. If you want to make money the rules are quite different, ethics & IP issues come in knocking at your door & that's where you see clueless people about the real world go apeshit because of the reality check shot they were given.

All I see from these Youtubers is spoiled, rude, uneducated rants from babies who might as well live in the twilight zone, since they don't seem to know the rules of the world we live in!

Lol. The ad payments don't come from Nintendo, if you don't even know that much then don't comment.

When you are done reading & understanding what I wrote, then come back again instead of charging at something I didn't say...

Maybe you should read your own post first, check the bolded.

But seriously your posts in here are hilarious, you start with an attack on Sony fans that has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand and then go on full on Youtuber attack with some of the flimsiest arguments I've ever seen and certain "facts" pulled straight from your ass (companies spend 99.9% of their marketing budget on traditional marketing) as well as showing some weirdly strong emotion towards some youtuber and his fanbase even though you can just ignore both.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Game_God said:
DerNebel said:
Game_God said:
DerNebel said:

Oh and....

Maybe you should read your own post first, check the bolded.

But seriously your posts in here are hilarious, you start with an attack on Sony fans that has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand and then go on full on Youtuber attack with some of the flimsiest arguments I've ever seen and certain "facts" pulled straight from your ass (companies spend 99.9% of their marketing budget on traditional marketing) as well as showing some weirdly strong emotion towards some youtuber and his fanbase even though you can just ignore both.

Again learn how to read & understand what is written, not what you want to read in it!!!
It's you that says that they are working for these companies providing them exposure/publicity.
If they want to market a Nintendo product they may need that Nintendo wants them to do so before anything else. Again nobody asked them to use another company IP in order to make money for themselves.
If they want money from their vids, make the vids without showing the game, we'll see how well they fare without poaching others IP.
If you knew the littlest thing about IP & laws, you'd know that Nintendo OWNS their IP, & any money made out it in any form, other than the legal ones (fair use, journalist critique...) is Nintendo money, so the ad revenue belongs to Nintendo.
What is their claim for that Nintendo money they want again???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-h2zZa1bOI

I hope you'll handle the headheach :o

Game_God said:

One instance is not proof, anecdotal evidence at best, not enough to make it an unbendable rule (and I know a thing or 2 about bending, see my avatar meatbag!).  Yes Pewdietroll has a vast herd of mindless sheep, does it give any right to dictate how Nintendo does its business???

If Youtubers have such a marketing weight, why is every company spending 99,9% of its marketing budget in traditional ads over youtubers???

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=207633

Fact is we dont know what these companies are spending or where they are. But they clearly are spending money to get youtubers to endorse their products and that alone should tell you the importance they have.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Nintendo must really not want anyone to talk about their games.

JamaicameCRAZY said:
Game_God said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=207633

Fact is we dont know what these companies are spending or where they are. But they clearly are spending money to get youtubers to endorse their products and that alone should tell you the importance they have.

I worked with Sony, MS & Nintendo for years & while Sony & MS do pay Youtubers do play their games, the money they invest in such advertising is a drop of water in the ocean of money they spend in TV, Radio, Paper-press, internet sites or product placement.