By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has started to pick on Gamers on Youtube again - ProJared gets slammed

Won't stop him from fawning over Nintendo like it's his gf

Around the Network

Poor Nintendo. They still haven't seen the light.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Why do people get upset about this?

- Nintendo starts putting out games that allow direct youtube uploads of their content. There is nothing original in this content and no reason for someone to be allowed to make money on this except Nintendo.
- To protect themselves from ridiculous and endless trash videos where someone just wants to attempt to make coin (see luigi MK8 for example), Nintendo ensures that only they can monetize their content.

Want to make money? Do something original.

well many company let their product to be review and view by third party ( reviewer, youtubers, ) for the marketing program. I am not against licensing or legal content here. Nintendo is a feudal company they need to break their old traditional marketing and let third party promote their product.

I agree that people should not be allowed to monetize other people's work without permission to do so.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

I agree that people should not be allowed to monetize other people's work without permission to do so.

If you were to stop people being able to make cash from doing lets plays or youtube reviews of games, why are sites like ign/gamespot allowed to make cash from reviewing games?

Heck why are channels like Fox news allowed to get money for adverts run during the news, surely the cash from those ads should go directly to whoever caused the news to happen, Fox didn't create that content they just show it and talk over it.

OT - I think Nintendo need to stop drumming up bad PR for themselves like this, at the point where you make people fear creating videos with your content then you are pushing yourself out of the mainstream media.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Jumpin said:

If you were to stop people being able to make cash from doing lets plays or youtube reviews of games, why are sites like ign/gamespot allowed to make cash from reviewing games?

Heck why are channels like Fox news allowed to get money for adverts run during the news, surely the cash from those ads should go directly to whoever caused the news to happen, Fox didn't create that content they just show it and talk over it.

Does Fox News show copyrighted material on their show?

/argument.

How would posting gameplay that garners millions of views be a detriment to Nintendo?

Seems stupid if you ask me. It's like they don't want to promote their games.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Jumpin said:
ganoncrotch said:

/argument.

Fox often shows clips from youtube videos on their show, content created by other people. It's nice that you agree with me.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Jumpin said:

/argument.

Fox often shows clips from youtube videos on their show, content created by other people. It's nice that you agree with me.

Then it is likely they got permission to do so, because otherwise they could sue them for copyright infringement. Sources like Gamespot and IGN get permission to show footage of games on their websites; companies supply them with games and footage for their reviews.

They are not just playing the games and getting ad revenue from them without permission like these youtubers are. It is definitely not right to display someone else's work and take all the profit without permission.