By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Golden Hammers & Challenges in Brawl

who is a good character for boss battles? Do you roll dodge Tabuu's shockwave attack?

Around the Network

^^ I tried rolling,down Bcanceling, Fox Reflector still 1hit kos my ass :/ .

Onimusha12 said:
who is a good character for boss battles? Do you roll dodge Tabuu's shockwave attack?

Yeah i can't figure out how to stop that too... other then running away and hoping you can outrun the blast and catch the edge o f the platform on the way back.

Toon Link kicks ass in Boss Battles. About half of the enemies you can repeatedly down+A on; this keeps you bouncing up and down on top of them until they move or do a certain strike that hits you. The only one it doesn't really work well on is the two-sided mech thing that uses melee attacks on one side, and projectile attacks on the other side. I haven't tried this with normal Link, but it may work as well.

To get by Tabuu's red rings of death, wait a split second when you see him appear in the background, then hold the block button, press down right after you see the attack begin. Keep the block button pressed and hit down a total of 3 times to bypass all the waves. You don't do it real fast, just a good 1, 2, 3 count should do it. Trust me, if you do it once you won't have any problems dodging it afterwards.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

^^ Hmmm thx i'm gonna go try that out I guess I need to work more on down canceling .

Around the Network
quigontcb said:
The combo part was pretty easy. I just went into training mode, picked Bowser as my training partner, pushed him against the wall in the Shadow Moses stage, and did rapid-fire attacks with characters like Pit, Fox, and Kirby. Doesn't take long at all.

I got my combo count up to 999 with Kirby using this method.  That's right a 999 hit combo!

That's as high as it goes for one character BTW.

I tried Toon Link on Intense. At first I was pleasently surprised. Then I realized it was impossible to get any consistancy in the battle results. I've tried maybe 15 times and so far I've only been able to make it 7 matches.

Petey Pirhana is fine. (You can't keep jumping on him though, you need to beat him the old fashioned way)
Master Hand is fine.
Crazy Hand is fine.

Meta Ridley is manageable
Ridley is manageable

Rayquaiza is unpredictable and the results vary (any tips would help)
Goleom is unpredictable and the results vary (any tips would help)
Porky is a pain in the ass (any tips would help)

Duon is the hardest, there is no certain way to fight him. I need help with him big time.

I haven't even gotten to Taboo yet, god only knows.

Maybe you know how to use Toon Link in some way I don't but there is no way you're going to beat Intense with him unless you're extremely lucky.

----

I see two players can do this, that would help greatly if only I had a second person to play with.

It would seem Lucas is the way to go though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUManU7TYmE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0e1qhHieHY&feature=related

Obviously the player is a Japanese super gamer, but this looks like something anyone can use.

Onimusha, sounds like you're having the same problem as I am. I'm guessing Duon is that robot with 2 different sides to him, and he is a pain. I've had little luck with him(on intense). I'm just going to keep plugging away at it until one day it finally happens. I'm also going to be trying out different characters and looking online for more tips. The only ones that give me any problems on intense are the large mechs and sometimes Ridley. The Hands, Petey, Porky, and the dragon thing are usually a breeze(but the dragon does give me problems sometimes).

Porky isn't a problem for me on intense. Just about an hour ago I killed him on intense without getting hit using the Toon Link down+A method. In between stabs you can use the analog stick to change direction while you're in the air and still striking. So as long as he doesn't do that deal where he scurries sideways real fast, it should work fine.

I don't think I'll have a problem with Tabuu once I get there. I've read he has a few one hit kills on intense, but I handled him with no problem on very hard. The only time he hit me was with the flurry of needles(for 18% damage).

I just checked out those Lucas vids and I might give him a try with it. I played with Ness more than anyone else in Melee, so I'm already pretty familiar with how to use Lucas. It looks like Porky can be a real pain with him though.

Thanks for the tip.

I got 6blue windows left to break and 27 red ones >.<