By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Golden Hammers & Challenges in Brawl

Okay, after accidentally wasting three hammers (not knowing what they did) I'm left with two (one of which I used to get the trophy for beating All-Star on Intense difficulty because I cannot fathom ever trying that) so basically I just have one left.

Which challenge is more of a pain in the butt? Beating 100-Man Melee with every character? Beating All-Star on Very Hard Mode? Also perhaps we can use this thread to suggest possible challenges that people still with their golden hammers might want to consider.

And please, spare us the "do it the hard way" bull, not everyone is a joystick god or a prodigy of hardcore videogaming.

I would like to say, do not use them on any of the target practice trophies, they are all easy to do when you find out how, go check gamefaqs, the challenges faq is not the most descript but its enough to show you what to do, and my god, if I can do them, anyone can.

P.S. is there any way to undo using a Golden Hammer to get it back? (Erase game data I imagine, lol).

Around the Network

Golden hammers? Those hammers that aren't worth crap in VS matches? They actually do something? Please tell me more.

Lol music go into the vault data area ..those golden hammer are used to break secret windows to unlock trophies, characters, music, stages, stickers modes ect without you having to do anything. All star mode on intense was quite easy with the infinite continues from coins not worth wasting the hammer! Very Hard all star same thing don't waste your hammer !!!

makingmusic476 said:
Golden hammers? Those hammers that aren't worth crap in VS matches? They actually do something? Please tell me more.

On the challenges screen there should be three golden hammers at the bottom of the screen.  You can use those to smash open a window to complete a challenge without doing it.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

So what challenges are worth using the hammers?

I know it won't let you use one on "Beat Boss Mode on Intense"

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
So what challenges are worth using the hammers?

I know it won't let you use one on "Beat Boss Mode on Intense"

I'd recommend the "Beat 100 Man Brawl with every character" one. Not worth actually doing just to get a trophy of the blue alloy fighter. =P

To me, beating 100-man melee with every character sounds pretty easy. Then again, I haven't tried All-Star mode yet.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Any mode with infinite continues from coins you shouldn't waste the golden hammer on because its easy you just have to have patients an item usually comes along and gets you pass the level. I tried breaking the intense boss mode also .....bah thats quite hard no continues :( and his cheat red wave 1hit ko that you can barely dodge .

the 100 man brawl really isnt that hard. just pick sonic!

i had no idea thats what the golden hammers are for. how many can you have max? once you use them can you get more back?