By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does The PS4 Deserve More Respect?

AlfredoTurkey said:
PS4 gets the MOST respect so I don't understand the thread lol. If you want to talk lack of respect, lets talk Wii-U or Xbox One. Hell, lets talk mobile gaming haha

fixed it.

Around the Network

The ps4 needs more fan boys and ass kissing? Ok. There should be statues of it the size of skyscrapers in every country in the entire world.... seriously, it's a game machine, people need to stop with the console allegiance cheerleading.... ugh.... just fucking buy what you like, play what you like. Stop telling people they need to blow sony over how amazing the ps4 is doing. Not directed at mr. P, just anyone on all sides of the forum. Sorry if this seems like an attack on you mr. P... it wasn't intended so.

A lot of things do, the PS4 included, because of all the negativity with the internet

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Mr Puggsly said:
Zekkyou said:

I don't think we have the data necessary to make that claim (or the reverse). "Some notice/care, some don't" is about as in-depth as we can currently go with either argument.

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they don't care or don't know the disparity. I mean did most people know if they had the superior or inferior version of a port last gen?

PS2 and OG Xbox was the gen where technical disparity was the most significant. Games at that time looked a generation apart. This gen is a lot of boasting about pixel count.

I don't personally think a purely subjective assumption makes a good basis for stating a definitive, but each to their own i suppose ^^

As for the latter, 'Games at that time looked a generation apart' seems like a somewhat redundant statement when the native technical jumps of all the 3D generations has been larger. The average difference between PS2/Xbox multi-plats (the largest 6th gen gap) was certainly noticeable, but it was mostly limited to improvements on in-gen tech, as apposed to an actual gen jump.

As for the 7th gen, i don't think we really have the data necessary to state that as a definitive either, but i remember plenty of people being able to notice the IQ difference in stuff like CoD, despite that representing a smaller gap than 900p vs 1080p. Based on that it wouldn't surprise me to learn that more can tell now.

Regardless though, even if we assumed that absolutely no one could tell the difference, simply having the 'stronger' label attached adds value to the PS4. I doubt the average gamer gets much of a chance to compare the 'advantages' between various systems (such as which has better multi-plats, online, etc), so the label usually means more than anything.

Anyway, i'm not really in the mood for a drawn out debate on this topic, so i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on all fronts

Mr Puggsly said:
BraLoD said:

That's totally not what is written in the OP.
Hope your post don't derail the thread to out of topic, because it's quite flaming.

I think the thread will be fine... its a dumb thread...

PS4 is already the most praised console and best selling. Its funny that still isn't enough for the OP. The sad thing is many Playstation fans seem to share this sentiment, it seems they don't like any competition. Some people don't even like me calling X1 competition to PS4.

After reading through the thread and seeing your posts, you're acting awfully grumpy about this thread over nothing. If this thread is so dumb, what the hell are you posting in it for over and over again? Buy a punching bag or something and take your bitterness out on it. Save us the grief.    

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think the thread will be fine... its a dumb thread...

PS4 is already the most praised console and best selling. Its funny that still isn't enough for the OP. The sad thing is many Playstation fans seem to share this sentiment, it seems they don't like any competition. Some people don't even like me calling X1 competition to PS4.

After reading through the thread and seeing your posts, you're acting awfully grumpy about this thread over nothing. If this thread is so dumb, what the hell are you posting in it for over and over again? Buy a punching bag or something and take your bitterness out on it. Save us the grief.    

Stage, puggsly, snoopy and vasto all do that to sony threads.

Well i could say the same for the Wii u and XBO

Don't look for justification in the eyes of others. You like it? Enjoy it. People respecting it out not doesn't make what you said any more of less true.

Wii U deserves the respect the most.

But all of them deserve more than they get.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

JRPGfan said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
PS4 gets the MOST respect so I don't understand the thread lol. If you want to talk lack of respect, lets talk Wii-U or Xbox One. Hell, lets talk mobile gaming haha

fixed it.

Sorry. Next time I will say "the platform for which we do not speak". lol