By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does The PS4 Deserve More Respect?

Mr.Playstation said:

Yet at every little opportunity the PS4 is bullied and told that it has no games and that it is not the best console on the market right now.

Bruh, have you even been in any Xbox One threads lately? It's the same thing for all consoles, not just the PS4. The Wii U gets shit on by people who don't like it, the Xbox One gets shit on by people who don't like it, and the PS4 gets shit on by people who don't like it.

Around the Network

Hell no. It has a freaking share button on the controller and psn is an e-penis showfest worser than Steam. And a light bar.
I agree the wii u has stupid gamepad obligatority and xbone had some crazy policies and, is just kinda lackluster. Sure all consoles have their pros and cons but it's hard to "respect" something with stupid and fundamental flaws like this.

I don't even understand what you're asking with this thread.

You're saying that the PS4 is getting shit on when it shouldn't because it's in the lead? It's like that for every single console regardless, not just the PS4 nor whether it's because it's in the lead or not.

Plus, respect? If nobody respected the PS4 then why would it even be in the lead?

This makes no sense to me.

This is true for all the consoles right now. Fanboys love tearing each other down.

Shouting in a vacuum.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Zekkyou said:

I don't think we have the data necessary to make that claim (or the reverse). "Some notice/care, some don't" is about as in-depth as we can currently go with either argument.

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they don't care or don't know the disparity. I mean did most people know if they had the superior or inferior version of a port last gen?

PS2 and OG Xbox was the gen where technical disparity was the most significant. Games at that time looked a generation apart. This gen is a lot of boasting about pixel count and we often wait for Digital Foundry to give us that info.

The problem last gen (ps3/360) wasn't multiplat games with slight differences. Only babies cried about that. The problem was the ps3 got some terrible ports. Some multiplats were unplayable on the ps3. Skyrim, bayonetta, fallout 3, orange box,ect... Now games this gen are on equal par. You have to litterally put both games on the same screen freeze frame it and play I spy so to speak. Who the hell does that besides tech analysis? What is more important is the controller, os, ui, friends, ect when play multiplats. If you care about rez or differences so much, just go get a PC.

What do you mean more respect? Everytime I go to a Gamestop or a Major electronic retailer I see someone buying it. Also it's getting plenty of exclusives that were once multi-plats in other generations (Street Fighter anybody?)

What more would you like? Should all of us kiss it's USB ports and tickle it's Power button? Blow out it's cooling fan daily so it could never get dusty???

If you feel it should be publized more... then give us a reason why. The PS4 is great for taking all of Gamings past ideas and putting it all together in one console, but it lacks that special "oommph" that will make it memorable (Like the PS2, Wii, DS, and hell even the PSP).

It really sounds like you just want us to all abandon our personal favorite gaming consoles, and all become PS4 owners, for it's the only way to really get the respect it deserves.

I think it gets less heat than any other home console, as it should be because it has the least problems, so no, it doesn't deserve more respect.

You called paid online a feature. Lol.

spemanig said:
I think it gets less heat than any other home console, as it should be because it has the least problems, so no, it doesn't deserve more respect.

/thread