By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does The PS4 Deserve More Respect?

97alexk said:
ils411 said:
97alexk said:

If theres any console this generation that isnt being respected as it should be, its the Wii U, yeah , maybe alot of people say it has great games, but many just overlook it , and buy Xbox one or PS4, Many people say ps4 has great games imo. You can just look at its sales

nah. the wii u deserves all the crap its getting. nintendo came out with a half backed ps360 1.5 and tried to take the no. 1 spot by coming out first. too bad even with their stinky apus the ps4 and xone are way better machines than the u. 

then we have nintendo with their new nx or whatever that shyet  it is again with them saying that its not about the power and will most likely be another xbone/ps4  1.5 or maybe less ... i hope it crashes and burns too. 

wow you really hate Nintendo/Wii U dont you xD

nintendo? not really, wii u? whats there not to hate? at the end of the day, it only has a fraction of the great games that can be had on the ps360 and on the ps4/xone. why even bother with it?

Around the Network
Never said:

No, not more than it already has. It's underpowered and got away with it because the other to big home consoles are underpowered too. Looking at sales it has too much respect and now needs to work to begin to live up to the hype.

It IS living up to its hype. You're just confusing the internet with reality.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Never said:

No, not more than it already has. It's underpowered and got away with it because the other to big home consoles are underpowered too. Looking at sales it has too much respect and now needs to work to begin to live up to the hype.

It IS living up to its hype. You're just confusing the internet with reality.

I'm not trying to knock the console, but either it's got too much respect or the other consoles have too little. Even if we assume the ps4 is the best this gen it's in no way better by the degree the sales gap suggest. As the question is, does the ps4 deserve more respect, I can only say no.

ils411 said:
97alexk said:
ils411 said:
97alexk said:

If theres any console this generation that isnt being respected as it should be, its the Wii U, yeah , maybe alot of people say it has great games, but many just overlook it , and buy Xbox one or PS4, Many people say ps4 has great games imo. You can just look at its sales

nah. the wii u deserves all the crap its getting. nintendo came out with a half backed ps360 1.5 and tried to take the no. 1 spot by coming out first. too bad even with their stinky apus the ps4 and xone are way better machines than the u. 

then we have nintendo with their new nx or whatever that shyet  it is again with them saying that its not about the power and will most likely be another xbone/ps4  1.5 or maybe less ... i hope it crashes and burns too. 

nintendo? not really, wii u? whats there not to hate? at the end of the day, it only has a fraction of the great games that can be had on the ps360 and on the ps4/xone. why even bother with it?

Im not discussing this any further

Why should anyone care whether a piece of hardware they bought and prefer gets enough respect or not? Or even disrespect and downplay a console others prefer. Anyone can buy any of these consoles any day and they're most likely respected by those who buy them.

Around the Network
ils411 said:
97alexk said:
ils411 said:
97alexk said:

Nintendo games. Also there are rumors a new GOW is in development.

KiigelHeart said:

Why should anyone care whether a piece of hardware they bought and prefer gets enough respect or not? Or even disrespect and downplay a console others prefer. Anyone can buy any of these consoles any day and they're most likely respected by those who buy them.

I was going to say something similar.

Each console has its detractors, and your enjoyment shouldn't be based on what some group of people said on the internet. I get it, we want others to like what we like. That way we can share our enjoyment with others. So one would hope that folks would have an open mind and go into the gaming industry with a positive attitude. After all, this is an entertainment industry and games are meant for our enjoyment, and not for our abhorrence (although some publishers and their actions can make it easy to dislike the practices behind their products).

But frankly... I don't think any of these consoles or handhelds "deserves" anything, let alone respect.

re·spect
rəˈspekt/
noun
noun: respect
1.a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
Let's respect people and their actions.
Let's enjoy a console and its games.
 And don't let the voices of a few detract from the fun you're having.
Mod team thinks there's very little to glean from this topic, so we're locking it. The system is selling well and has some great games. Let that (and your own enjoyment) speak for itself.